This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
I love easy recipes that I can whip up on busy school nights. I love them even more when I can get everything I need at a super price.
Did you happen to see the coupons for great savings on Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage and Success Rice® in the new Advantage Buy flyer? Well those coupons can help you whip up a fantastic meal that’s ready in a flash and of course very easy on your budget.
Rice and sausage is one of my guys’ favorite combinations so I love trying out new recipes. I always try to stock my fridge with Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage whenever there is a sale or a coupon because it’s super versatile. It’s made with premium cuts of meat and is perfectly seasoned. Plus it’s pre-cooked, so I don’t have to spend as much time preparing it…that’s very important on a hectic weeknight. Because it’s pre-seasoned, I can make great-tasting meals with fewer ingredients and dinner comes together lickity split!
I’ll work to get the longest “sell by” dates just so I can toss them in my fridge and have them ready for night when I need a quick and easy meal.
Luckily we also have a coupon for savings on Success Rice right now too! The combination means great meals with the ultimate convenience. With Success Rice there is no measuring and it’s ready in just 10 minutes! That’s a hectic weeknight dream come true!
There’s no mess and what’s nice is it can be prepared on the stove or the microwave. Plus, Success Rice is available in a variety of sizes for larger households
I told you that I had a recipe for you. This one is crazy simple and with the coupons you can whip it up at a super price. Just grab a few ingredients and you can have this one the table in about 20 minutes. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Success Boil-in-Bag Rice, 14 oz, $2/$4
–$0.75/1 Success Boil-in-Bag Rice, 14 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Fall Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 9/10 to 9/30)
$1.25 with coupon.
Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, 12 to 14 oz, $3.99
–$0.75/1 Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, 12 to 14 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Fall Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 9/10 to 9/30)
$3.24 with coupon.
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 Small yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 pkg. Frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth (or water)
- 1/2 cup Tomato sauce
- 2 cups Success® Rice
- 1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil and crushed garlic, stir in smoked sausage slices and cook until smoked sausage is browned.
- Add pepper, onion, broccoli, chicken broth and tomato sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, cook rice according to package instructions. Stir rice into the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Is the olive oil amount correct? The sausage produces grease so it seems like a large amount.