Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
Grilling season is in full swing and I take advantage of it as often as I can! The temperatures will stay in the 90’s for the rest of the summer here in the South. I try to avoid using my stove as much as possible…my AC already has to work hard enough as it is! So the grill becomes my best friend until well into August and September.
You don’t have to do the same old boring hot dogs and hamburgers every time you fire up your grill. Get creative and think outside the box when you decide to BBQ! Did you know that Bertolli Sauce is a great choice for Summer grilling?! The sauce is so versatile and can be used for marinades, sauces and much more! I thought I would share one of my favorite ways to use Bertolli Sauce when I grill. My Mozzarella Stuffed Tuscan Burgers are always a huge hit with my guys and get two thumbs up when I serve them to my guests!
What’s so nice is that this is a lighter recipe making it a great choice for the summer. Typically when you grill burgers you want a decent fat content…after all the fat is what gives the burger the flavor. Because the Bertolli Sauce adds so much flavor to the meat, I am able to use a lean ground beef. The meat stays moist and juicy and is incredibly flavorful. Plus, I add a hidden surprise that everyone always loves! Instead of putting the cheese on top of the burger, I stuff the cheese in the middle so it oozes, as you take your first bite! See…I told you this wasn’t a boring burger!
Right now you can print a big $1 coupon for Bertolli Sauce over on the Summer Grilling site so you can grab a great deal at Publix. Print your coupon and then grab a jar (or two) and try your hand at a tasty new recipe. Maybe you can even whip up my burgers! Remember the 4th of July festivities are this weekend. If you want to shake up your boring BBQ, whip up my burgers as a tasty change of pace!
- 1.25 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup of Bertolli Sauce (divided) – [i]I like the Tomato & Basil[/i]
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix 1/4 cup of Bertolli Sauce, the Worcestershire sauce and ground beef until combined.
- Divide into four equal parts.
- Shape into 4 patties and create a well in the center of each patty.
- Place the cheese in the well and press the meat over and around the cheese to cover completely.
- Shape the patty and salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill on medium low for 3 – 4 minutes to get a good sear then flip the burgers.
- Brush with additional Bertolli Sauce and cook an additional 3 – 5 minutes on the other side.
- Flip once to brush with sauce, cook for one minute (or until desired doneness) and remove from grill.
- Serve on grilled ciabatta rolls with tomato and arugula.