Summer is just around the corner and I know lots of folks are looking to shed a few pounds to get ready for bathing suit season. You guys know I have been watching what I eat for quite a while now. I have gotten pretty good at adjusting my favorite recipes so they meet my needs but are still just as tasty as their calorie laden counterparts.
I thought I would share a recipe that I love to make on days when I am super hungry. A big portion of spaghetti squash with Skinny Stuffed Chicken Parm is a perfect dish to fill you up without packing on the pounds!
What's nice is that it is also a very simple recipe thanks to the Weight Watchers® products. I use the Weight Watchers® Frozen Chicken breast for this recipe as it's already pre-portioned for me so I know the exact serving without any measuring needed. The chicken is also 100% natural w/no added hormones or steroids so I can feel good about giving it to my family as well!
Then instead of going crazy with loads of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken like I normally would, I opt to stuff the chicken instead. That way I get cheese in every bite and once again, my portions are controlled. The perfect option to stuff that chicken is half of one Weight Watchers String Cheese in each chicken breast. The meal is low in SmartPoints® and absolutely delicious.
You can whip this up at a nice discount thanks to the big Publix Digital coupons available. Load your coupons and you'll save big on the ingredients that you need to make this tasty dish.
- 4 Weight Watchers® chicken breasts
- 2 Weight Watchers® mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil spray/cooking spray
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 - 2 spaghetti squash, cooked
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Lightly spray a shallow dish with olive oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- Pound out the chicken to ½ thickness with a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper and place one half of each cheese stick on each chicken breast then roll tightly completely covering the cheese. Tuck the chicken sides to secure the cheese.
- Make an egg wash by mixing the egg and water.
- In a separate shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the rolled chicken in the egg wash and then the cheese/breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in a the prepared baking dish and spray each breast once with olive oil/cooking spray then place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 - 24 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with the cooked spaghetti squash and marinara.
Be sure to like the Weight Watchers® Market Facebook page today for healthy tips, recipes, offers, and more.
This post is sponsored by Weight Watchers®. All comments and opinions are my own.