I have mentioned that this is my busy time of year. With baseball and all the other extra-curricular activities that the boys are in, we are constantly on the go. I would say that at least three or four days per week, I am whipping up meals that have to be on the table in under 30 minutes. Luckily I have an arsenal of delicious meals that I can pull out of my hat that my guys love. Since I know many of you guys are in the same boat with kids in sports and working long hours, I thought I would share a delicious recipe that your family will love – Skillet Sausage Mac & Cheese
My guys LOVE this recipe and it’s so easy. The best part is that anyone can make this recipe so you could even print this one out for your husband who claims that he can’t cook and I promise, he can’t mess this one up!
It starts with a package of Farmland Homestyle Sausage. It’s gluten free with no MSG, full of the delicious all natural flavor and such a better option than plain old boring ground beef! All the seasoning are already in the sausage so you can skip having to raid your spice cabinet!
I also take a shortcut and use my favorite pre-made marinara sauce. If I happen to have some extra homemade sauce on hand I will use it, if not the jarred variety works just fine. The key to this recipe is that everything is done in one skillet so that not only is it simple to make, clean up is also quick and easy!
The best part is that right now you can whip this up and save some moolah! Load the new Farmland Ibotta offer and get $1 cash back on your next purchase at Publix. So you can make a quick and easy meal plus save some money to boot!
Next time you are in Publix, grab a few ingredients and you can put together a quick and easy meal on a super busy weeknight. You’ll be thankful when dinner and cleanup are done in a flash!
- 12 oz package Farmland Homestyle Sausage
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 8 oz macaroni noodles
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- parmesan cheese for topping if desired
- Add the sausage and bell pepper to a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until the sausage is browned. Stir frequently crumbling the sausage as you stir.
- Drain any excess fat from the meat and add the water, marinara and noodles.
- Cook over medium high heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Add the milk and mozzarella cheese and stir until combined.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired and serve.
If you need more recipe inspiration. Here are a few other recipes to help you put that sausage offer to use.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Farmland Homestyle Sausage. All comments and opinions are my own!
This recipe looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing 🙂 I’m absolutely going to try making this one!