This is the busiest time of year for me. It takes a lot of planning to make sure that I can get my guys everywhere they need to be each afternoon. Often we have two or three different places to be after school.
Even though we are busy, I still want to put a good meal on the table on weeknights. Fast food is really not an option. If I turned to the drive thru every time life got hectic, I’d be totally broke! The solution is a little planning and cooking meals that are quick and easy!
Have you guys tried the new Smithfield Marinated Pork products yet? I’ve made several of the pork loin filets and tenderloins and all were a hit with my guys! All you need are a few sides and dinner is done in about 20 – 30 minutes! My guys love the way that they taste and I love that fact that all I have to do is preheat my oven, place the pork on a pan and set a timer. These babies are fool proof and a perfect way to have dinner on the table in a flash!
I thought I’d share a great recipe that I came up with that is perfect for a busy week night. It’s kid friendly and I love it because it offers plenty of leftovers.
- Smithfield Portobello Mushroom Pork Loin Filet
- 16 oz pasta – I like a spiral shape for this recipe
- 4 slices Smithfield Bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz portabello mushrooms
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the Smithfield Portobello Mushroom Pork Loin Filet according to package instructions (Roast at 425 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F internal meat temperature.)
- While the roast is cooking, cook the pasta according to package instructions, reducing the cook time by 2 minutes. Once done, drain and set aside.
- While the roast and pasta are cooking, fry the bacon in a large skillet until brown and crisp.
- Remove to a paper lined plate to drain. Crumble once cooled.
- Pour off all but a tablespoon of the bacon fat and add the onion and mushrooms.
- Cook on medium high heat for 5 – 7 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to turn golden brown.
- Add the half & half, chicken broth, peas and pre-cooked pasta.
- Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon.
- One the pork filet has rested, slice and serve over the creamy pasta.
Smithfield Marinated Pork products are perfect for a delicious artisan meal that is easy yet sure to impress. Ready to enjoy in 20 to 30 minutes, they are the perfect solution for busy families on the go. Instead of doing takeout, throw one of the tenderloins, roasts or filets on the grill or in the oven and you have a delicious, perfectly seasoned home-cooked meal.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.