You guys know I love Mexican food. Often Mexican food gets a bad rap as being unhealthy and bad for you. That doesn’t have to be the case. There are a ton of great options…you just have to make smart choices!
Cinco de Mayo is coming up soon so I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes ever – Mexican Chicken Lime Soup.
Am I the only person who goes to a Mexican restaurant and orders soup? Seriously I love this stuff. Long ago whenever we’d go out to dinner at our favorite Mexican place, I’d have it for dinner and then get a big to-go container so that I could have it as leftovers during the week too.
When I inquired how my restaurant made the soup, I was shocked at how easy it is to put together. After a few attempts, I came up with a delicious version with only a few ingredients. Now I don’t have to go to my favorite Mexican place, I just make a big pot and enjoy it at home whenever I want.
Thanks to Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken, I can have the soup prepped in less than 10 minutes then it’s just a matter of letting it simmer. The Tyson Grilled & Ready Fajita Chicken Breast Strips are perfect for this recipe. They are already perfectly seasoned so all I have to do is just open the bag, chop the chicken and toss it in my soup.
Tyson Grilled and Ready line provides flavorful, fully cooked, all white meat chicken products. They are 98% fat free and contain no preservatives. See…easy and healthy! I told you it was possible.
- 6 oz pkg. Tyson Grilled & Ready Fajita Chicken Breast, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed & chopped
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 limes, juices (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves, chopped + more for serving
- Avocado, cut into chunks
- Additional Limes for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onions, celery, garlic and jalapeños for 3 – 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, cumin, oregano and chopped Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the soup topped with avocado and additional cilantro and lime if desired.
Don’t forget that we have a big Tyson Grilled & Ready Publix Digital coupon to load. Be sure to head over and clip your coupon and you’ll save a buck on any of the delicious varieties of your choice. Then you can whip up some of my soup and save a little moolah too!
Fully Cooked and ready when you are. There’s always time to eat right with Tyson Grilled and Ready products. Look for other recipes at Tyson.com. Be sure to load your Publix Digital coupon and save when you shop at Publix.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Tyson. All comments and opinions are my own.