Last week I shared my favorite Mexican Chicken Lime Soup recipe using Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken. Today I wanted to share another recipe that would be great for your Cinco de Mayo festivities – Chicken Tostadas.
Like my soup, this recipe is packed with flavor but easy on the waist line. It’s quite simple to adapt those calorie laden Mexican recipes and make them better for you. For this recipe, I choose cheese made with 2% milk and pick up low fat sour cream for my husband. In place of refried beans, I use hearty black beans. Plus with all white meat chicken, lettuce, fresh pico de gallo and creamy avocado, this meal is flavor intense! I promise, you’ll never miss all those extra calories! Plus, you’ll love the fact that you can put this together in a flash. It’s the perfect weeknight meal…especially since Cinco de Mayo falls on a Tuesday this year!
With Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken, you simply heat and serve. It’s fully cooked and ready when you need it. If you have your pico de gallo ready ahead of time, you’ll have dinner on the table in minutes. This is one of those meal where it’s really just a matter of putting everything out and letting everyone assemble their own tostada.
Tyson Grilled and Ready line provides flavorful, fully cooked, all white meat chicken products. They are 98% fat free and contain no preservatives. Perfect for a quick and healthy meal in just minutes!
- 2 bags Tyson Grilled & Ready Fajita Chicken Strips
- 8 tostada shells
- 1 can black beans
- pinch of cumin
- lettuce, shredded
- 2% Mexican cheese, shredded
- avocado, sliced
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- sour cream if desired
- Prepare the pico de gallo by mixing the tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare the black beans by pouring off about half of the liquid from the can. Empty into a pot and heat over medium low.
- Season with a pinch of cumin and mash until a creamy consistency.
- Heat the tostada shells and the Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken.
- Assemble the tostadas by spreading a thin layer of black beans, top with chicken, lettuce, cheese, avocado, pico de gallo and sour cream.
Don’t forget that we have a big Tyson Grilled & Ready Publix Digital coupon to load. Be sure to head over and clip your coupon and you’ll save a buck on any of the delicious varieties of your choice. Then you just have to decide whether you want to make my soup or a batch of tostadas…decisions, decisions?!
Fully Cooked and ready when you are. There’s always time to eat right with Tyson Grilled and Ready products. Look for other recipes at Tyson.com. Be sure to load your Publix Digital coupon and save when you shop at Publix.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Tyson. All comments and opinions are my own.