I have mentioned to you guys before how much my guys love meatballs. If I were to ask my husband what he wants for dinner, I’d bet you that one of the three foods he’d mention would include meatballs of some sort! Now, I like meatballs too, but I get bored of making the same things all of the time. I am always trying to shake things up a bit and come up with different variations of the foods that my guys love.
My recipe for Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese & Apple Stuffed Turkey Meatballs came about from my need to change up dinner. I looked in my fridge and saw some ground turkey and a package of Farmland Bacon, and started thinking about how to put those two together for a meal that everyone would like. I dug around a bit more and found some goat cheese. The goat cheese made me start thinking about apples and all of the sudden I had an image of the most delectable meatballs ever.
I had the meatballs made and in the oven in just minutes. Let me just tell you that these babies did NOT disappoint! The entire batch was wiped out…no leftovers whatsoever! I typically avoid doing meatballs with ground turkey as they can sometimes be a bit dry and lacking in the flavor department. Not the case with this batch. The Farmland Bacon gave the meatballs the best flavor and they were so moist and absolutely delicious. The zing of the goat cheese paired with the sweetness of the diced apple took them over the top.
I threw together a batch of my sweet & sour sauce for dipping, made a big salad, and dinner was just perfect. I think for the next batch, I may come up with some kind of honey mustard/apple dipping sauce. Either way, I will definitely make these again!
Right now you can whip up my Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese & Apple Stuffed Turkey Meatballs (or any of my other recipes that use bacon) at a great price thanks to the new Farmland bacon coupon over on the Publix Digital Coupon page. Head over and load your coupon and save a buck on your favorite Farmland bacon.
Farmland bacon is slow smoked over real hardwoods for maximum flavor. For decades, they’ve taken pride in perfecting their curing and smoking technique – a difference you’ll taste in every delicious bite. I know you will love it and thanks to the coupon…so will your wallet! Grab your coupon and try my recipe. Come back and let me know what you think!
- 1 package Farmland Applewood Classic Cut Bacon
- 20 oz package ground turkey breast
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 - 2 apples, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg whites, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Create rounded meatballs about ¾" in diameter.
- Mix the finely diced apples and goat cheese in a small bowl.
- Use your index finger to create a well in each meatball and stuff with about a teaspoon of the cheese/apple filling.
- Gently press and roll the meatball to seal in the filling.
- Cut each strip of Farmland Bacon into three equal pieces. Wrap each meatball with two cut pieces, by pulling and stretching the bacon to cover the meatball.
- Place the bacon wrapped meatballs on a cooking rack in a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375º F oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until bacon is browned.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Farmland bacon.