I thought I’d share a recipe that takes French Toast to a whole other level – Florida Orange-Cinnamon French Toast. A little cinnamon, some raisins and 100% Florida Orange Juice cooks up to become the most amazing dipping sauce. The best part is that this dish is comes together very quickly so it’s perfect for any morning of the week.
If you want to whip this up, you can do so at a great price thanks to the big coupon that I have been telling you about. Be sure to grab your coupon for FREE eggs when you buy 100% Florida Orange Juice.
Use a few of those free eggs to whip up this French Toast recipe, and the rest are sure to come in handy with Thanksgiving just a few days away. It’s just not Thanksgiving at my house without a big batch of deviled eggs! Whether you use them for breakfast or your other holiday meals, the protein in eggs provides steady and sustained energy. And of course, free is my favorite price!
After you make this recipe, you’ll still have plenty of OJ for your breakfast for the rest of the week. It’s the perfect way to start the morning. Besides being delicious, one 8-ounce serving of orange juice is fat-free and, at 110 calories per 8-ounce glass, has fewer calories than some other commonly consumed 100% fruit juices.
Need more recipes ideas to put that coupon to use? Be sure to try the other recipes that I have shared:
- 1 1/2 cups Florida orange juice
- 3 ounces black raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 eggs, whole, large
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 4 slices whole-wheat French bread
- In a small pot over medium heat, place the orange juice.
- Add raisins and half the cinnamon; cook until raisins are fully hydrated. Remove from heat.
- Add contents to a blender and blend until smooth; reserve.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, nonfat milk, and remaining cinnamon. Whisk until fully combined.
- Place the four slices of French bread into the mixture.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat.
- Cook the French bread until golden brown; spoon the orange juice and raisin mixture over top or serve on the side.
- Add orange zest to top of French toast, if desired.
- Serve immediately.