You guys know about my love for Mexican and Tex/Mex dishes, right? Well I don’t get to make as many recipes as I’d like because generally the dishes aren’t the most healthy options available. I am always on the lookout for recipes that give me great taste without a ton of calories. This recipe for Chicken Enchilada Skillet is the best of both worlds!
I get the flavors that I love in a recipe that is easy on the waist line. I plugged this one into my recipe builder and found that it was only 8 points per serving – wowsa! Add in the fact that it’s a quick and easy one-pot-wonder, and I am one happy gal!
On top of it being delicious and easy, it’s also incredibly economical. With the sale going on this week at Publix, you can put this recipe together for less than $2 per person!
Remember, right now you can get 50% off all Hunt’s® Tomatoes, sauce, puree, and paste AND all Rotel®. The sale runs now thought 10/28 (10/27 for some) at Publix. Plus there are coupons that will make the deal even better! You don’t want to miss the big Publix coupon that is available to print.
- $1.50 off any fresh chicken wyb 4 Hunt’s oz or Rotel products including Sauce and Paste Publix Coupon
The coupons/sale combo means you can stock up at incredible prices. You really don’t want to miss this deal –
Hunt’s Tomatoes or Tomato Sauce or Paste & Rotel, Assorted Varieties, 6 to 33.5 oz, 50% Off
-$0.40/3 Hunt’s Tomatoes, 09/21 SS (exp 11/2) [14.5-oz. +]
-$1/4 Hunt’s Canned Tomatoes, Any 14.5 Oz. Or Larger – 09-21-14 SS (exp 11/2/2014)
–$1.50 off any fresh chicken wyb 4 Hunt’s oz or Rotel products including Sauce and Paste Publix Coupon
Wowsa…you can get cheap and even FREE items with coupons and your chicken purchase!
You can mix and match your favorite Hunt’s® Tomatoes, Sauce and Paste products- including the varieties of Rotel®! They are all 50% off and available in a number of varieties and flavors at Publix. Choose from diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, stewed tomatoes and flavors including Original, Basil-Garlic-Oregano, Fire Roasted, Rosemary & Oregano, and Spicy Red Pepper. Plus, No Salt Added options are also available. Hunt’s® Tomatoes are 100% natural with no artificial preservatives and go from the field to the canning process in only 10 hours. Hunt’s tomatoes are peeled with Flashsteam™ meaning the tomatoes are peeled using only steam from water.
My fellow spicy food lovers…don’t forget to grab your Rotel®. It’s made with the richness of fresh vine-ripened tomatoes blended with select green chilies and a savory mixture of secret spices. Rotel® is available at Publix in many varieties such as Original, Mild, Hot, Tomato & Green Chili, Chunky and Chili Fixin.
After you stock up – try this recipe…I think you will really like it. Just look at the ingredients needed…how easy can it get? I bet you guys have some of the items on hand now. Take advantage of the Hunt’s®/Rotel® sale and you can whip this one up in about 20 minutes without breaking the budget!
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend cheese, divided
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently.
- Pour undrained tomatoes and enchilada and tomato sauces over chicken mixture in skillet. Mix well.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture.
- Cover skillet; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese then serve immediately.
Need more recipe ideas? Don’t forget to check out the recipe I shared yesterday – Hunt’s® Tomato and Pesto Chicken. I will share another recipe next week and you can also find many more recipes at Hunts.com and at Rotel.com.
This post is brought to you by the folks at ConAgra.