Now, quick and easy don't have to meat boring! One of my favorite "go-to" meals when I don't have much time is Easy Korean Beef. This is a kind of a lazy man's Bulgogi. You get the same taste without the cost of the more expensive sirloin beef used in traditional Bulgogi. You whip this one up using ground beef!
It's also great because it uses ingredients that I pretty much have on hand at all times. The only thing I have to remember to grab is a 75¢ bundle of green onions. Yes..you need the green onions it add such nice taste and texture ;-)
I saw this recipe on Pinterest a while back and made it the week that I found it. Since then I have made a few adjustments that work for my crew. First, we love the sauce so I increased that a bit. It's so good over that steamed rice.
I also messed up the first time I made it by using fresh ginger instead of the powdered version that the recipe called for. You know I love the zing that the fresh ginger adds so I started using both and it really gives the dish such a wonderful flavor. A little tip...keep fresh ginger in your freezer. You can just grate it as you need it and it stays fresher so much longer!
Whenever you need a delicious meal that comes together so easy - try this Easy Korean Beef. I think you'll find it ends up in your monthly (or even weekly) meal rotation!
This recipe is part of the Publix Menu Plan For The Week Starting 8/7. Check out the other recipes I have shared so far this week.
- Crispy Cheddar Chicken, Mashed Potatoes & Cucumber Carpaccio
- Pepperoni & Cheese Stick Rolls & Side Salad
- Caramelized Onion & Fig Pizza & Salad
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cooked rice
- Whisk the sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ground ginger and fresh ginger in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the garlic.
- Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the lean ground beef and cook until browned. Stir and crumble the beef as it cooks.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in the prepared sauce and simmer for about 2 minutes until heated through.
- Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions.