I have a great recipe for you guys today. Meatball Subs are one of my guys’ top meals. I could make them every week and there would be absolutely no complaints. I also like meatball subs…but I like to change them up every once in a while. Today I am sharing my recipe for Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball Subs with Italian Vegetable Relish.
Now my mozzarella stuffed meatballs are fantastic but it’s the Italian Vegetable Relish that makes these subs out of this world. The recipe combines Wish-Bone Italian dressing (the #1 Italian dressing) with several other flavor packed ingredients – the combination is just fantastic.
This is a pretty quick meal to throw together. You can make the relish ahead of time and let it marinade until you are ready. Heck you could also do the meatballs ahead of time. Just baked them about 30 minutes before you are ready to eat. Dinner in a snap!
- 1.25 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¾ cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 4 oz mozzarella, cubed[url href=”https://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/wish-bone-ingred-1.jpg”][img src=”https://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/wish-bone-ingred-1.jpg” width=”500″ height=”379″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”wish-bone-ingred”][/url]
- [u]Italian Vegetable Relish[/u]
- 1 jar Vlasic® Farmers Garden® Bread ‘n Butter Pickles, drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and sliced (optional)
- ½ cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley and /or basil leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except mozzarella and mix well.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Create an indention into the meatball and fill with the mozzarella cube.
- Roll ball to cover the cheese, embedding it in the middle of the meatball
- Place on shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes – turning once about half way through the cook time.
- Remove to paper lined plate to drain.
- Slice Farmers Garden® pickle chips and carrots from jar in half. Arrange in bowl with remaining pickle jar ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Store refrigerated until ready to use.
- Place the cooked meatballs into a sub roll and top with a hearty serving of the relish.
We have several coupon options that make this meal a great deal. Be sure to load the Publix Digital coupon and you don’t even have to worry about bringing paper coupons with you when you shop!
As a reminder, in addition to the Publix coupon you can also grab more savings. Be on the lookout for a shipper display in Publix stores where you’ll find a tearpad with recipes and coupons to save on $1/2 Wish-Bone Dressing and $0.50/1 Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic product. The same coupons were in our inserts last weekend.
There are lots of ways to save –
- $1/2 Wish Bone Products 16 oz + 06/8 SS
- $0.40/2 Wish-Bone Product, 05/11 SS (exp 8/11)
- $1/2 Wish-Bone Product, 05/11 SS (exp 8/11)
- $0.70/1 Wish-Bone Product, 05/11 SS (exp 8/11)
- $0.75/1 Wish-Bone Salad Dressing (Ibotta Deposit)
- $0.75/2 Wish-Bone Salad Dressing Target printable
- $1/1 Vlasic Farmer’s Garden Pickle Variety, 05/11 SS (exp 7/31)
- $0.50/1 Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Product 6/8 SS
- $0.50/1 Farmers Garden by Vlasic Item printable
This post is brought to you by the folks at Pinnacle Foods.