Today I am sharing one of the absolute easiest recipes ever. Whenever possible, I let my Crockpot do the cooking for me. This recipe will take you about 5 minutes to throw together and then dinner is done later in the day!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings is not only super easy but it’s also delicious. I haven’t made this in a long time. At my son’s baseball game the other night a bunch of the moms were raving about a recipe that they had made. When I heard the recipe, it was basically the same recipe that I have. Dee suggested that I share this one here on the site. So, when I saw the sale on Pillsbury biscuits in the ad this week, I figured it was meant to be – tee hee.
My husband loves this recipe and will happily eat seconds and even thirds. I think it’s just as good as those homemade versions that take hours to cook. With this one you are not spending a ton of time whipping up dough for dumplings. A can of biscuits makes this one so simple.
It’s also extremely economical. I bet most of you guys have everything you need on hand right now. Even if you had to buy everything you won’t break the budget!
- 1 lb chicken breast (about 3 breasts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can of biscuit dough, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place chopped onion, butter, chicken soup, salt, pepper, parsley and chicken broth in the slow cooker and mix until combined.
- Drop in the chicken breasts.
- If the chicken isn't covered, add more chicken broth.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- hour before serving drop in canned biscuit pieces and push down into the gravy.
- Cover and cook on low an additional hour
- Garnish with green onion if desired.
(2) Cream of Chicken Soup – $2.50
Sweet Onions, $0.99/lb
Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits, Assorted Varieties, 16.3 or 17.3 oz, $1.66 (66¢ after coupon)
You can whip this up for about $2.50 per serving.