I always have chicken in my freezer but often get in a rut when it comes time to figure out what to do with it. There are only so many times I can do basic baked or grilled chicken. One of my favorite chicken dishes to prepare is this Skinny Parmesan Crusted Chicken.
I am sure you all have made a similar recipe using mayo instead of sour cream. I have an extreme aversion to mayonnaise so I make my chicken with either sour cream or yogurt. You get a chicken that is nice and moist without all the fat and calories in the mayo version. The best part is that this recipe takes almost no time to prep and just a few minutes in the oven. This is another meal that you can have on the table in 30 minutes.
I prep my veggies and get them in the oven then start the rice. Once they are both going, I prep the chicken and toss it in the oven with the veggies. That way everything is done all at once. The added bonus is that my boys love this recipe…so there are no complaints from the picky bunch ;-)
Be sure and check out the other recipes for the menu plan for the Publix ad that begins 2/27 (2/26 for some):
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (thin fillets)
- ½ cup Greek sour cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Place chicken fillets on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Combine sour cream and parmesan cheese.
- Spread the mixture on top of each chicken breast then sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken, $7.99 ($1.50 printable coupon)
- Zucchini /Squash = $1.69/lb
- Breakstone Sour Cream, $2.39 (printable coupon & BOGO Publix Adv Buy coupon)
- 4C Seasoned Panko, $1.29
- Mahatma Valencia Rice 16 oz, $1.03 ($0.50/1 insert coupon)
- DiGiorno’s Grated Parmesan Cheese, BOGO $4.99
- Head of Garlic, $2.69/lb
- Pepperidge Farm Bread, BOGO $2.59 ($0.50/1 printable coupon)
- pantry ingredients: salt & pepper, cooking spray
We have already purchased the chicken, garlic and parmesan for other recipes earlier in the week. That means this one is only $3.71 after coupons. Plus, you will have the following items left over. Some you will use for other recipes this week and others you’ll have for your menus in the coming weeks.
- 1 1/2 tubs sour cream
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Rice (*to be used later in the week)
- Garlic (*to be used later in the week)