Welcome to this week’s Publix Super Meals. Each week I am going to share a recipe to help you take the Publix Super Deals and turn them into Publix Super Meals!
With the BOGO on Toufayan Flatbread in the Publix ad this week, I knew exactly what I was going to make…Chicken Gyros!
Somehow I often forget how much I love this recipe. Then I make it and want it again the next week and then the next and so on. It’s a super simple recipe. You can prep everything early in the day then grill it up right before you call your crew to the table.
You will definitely want to add this one to your menu soon! Grab that BOGO Toufayan, pull some chicken from the freezer and serve your crew a dish they will devour (my guys did!!)
- 1 - 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into strips - I do a mix of chicken breast and thigh meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5.3 oz Greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- lettuce, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- feta cheese
- Kalamata olives, chopped
- red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine the yogurt, 1½ teaspoons lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic, cucumber, dill weed, ½ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper into a food processor.
- Pulse until combined and to the consistency you prefer - we like ours slightly chunky.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes--longer is better.
- In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, oregano, red wine vinegar, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of sale and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Add chicken to mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Grill or warm the flatbread.
- Top each flatbread with the grilled chicken,Tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomato, olives, red onion or your favorite topping.
- Fold and serve warm.
Toufayan Mediterranean Flatbread, Assorted Varieties, 14 oz, BOGO $2.69
Publix Crumbled Cheese – Feta, 4 oz, 2/$4
Tools used in this recipe:
Don’t forget, Publix carries a huge variety of Good Cook products. You can find a large selection of tools and cookware throughout the store. You can find everything you need when you shop for your ingredients.