Products for this recipe sponsored by Good Cook
Welcome to this week’s Publix Super Meals. Each week I am going to share a recipe to help you take the Publix Super Deals and turn them into Publix Super Meals!
This week we have a great in ad deal where you get FREE Publix Cheese when you buy 3 participating items. This deal lends itself perfectly to a pizza night BUT…I wanted to change it up a bit. So, I thought I share one of my guys’ favorite meals – Stromboli!
Stromboli is such a nice change of pace from your standard pizza night. I actually think it’s even easier to throw together since you don’t have to spend as much time stretching out your dough into a nice circle. With Stromboli, you just stretch the dough, throw in your favorite topping and then roll it up and bake. Slice and serve with marinara or pizza sauce and you have a meal to please the whole family.
There is a great deal on frozen meatballs in the ad this week – but you guys know I like to cook. I decided to whip up a big batch of meatballs so that I could use them for my Stromboli AND have enough ready for sweet and sour meatballs for next week.
This week I am going to give you a couple of options for your meal. If you are in a hurry, I’ll show you how to put together a Stromboli with easy store bought ingredients. If you have a few extra minutes, I’ll tell you how to whip up the meatballs and pizza dough to create a fantastic dish that you can customize based on your family’s preferences.
- Roll out the pizza dough (or Pillsbury Pizza Crust)
- Layer cheese, meatballs, and all other toppings over the dough leaving an inch border all around.
- Fold the short ends of the dough over (slightly overlapping the filling).
- Move to the long end of the dough and roll into a loaf.
- While rolling, make sure all of the filling is covered - pinching the dough closed as needed.
- Place the loaf on a pizza stone or baking sheet covered with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool then cut and serve with warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping.
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil
- 3 Cups of Bread Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 2¼ Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- Add the ingredients to your bread machine based on your machine recommendation.
- Set for the machine for the dough cycle.
- Once the cycle has finished, place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm spot for around 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough and shape to form your Stromboli.
- 1.25 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup of Milk
- ¾ Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Combine all ingredients by hand - mixing well.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Place on shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes - turning once about half way through the cook time.
- Remove to paper lined plate to drain.
Publix Shredded Cheese 6 to 8 oz – FREE wyb 3 Ragu, Pillsbury, or Pepsi Products
Pillsbury Pizza Crust, 11 to 13.8 oz, $2.75
(2) Ragu Pizza Sauce, 14 oz, $1.89
Armour Meatballs, Original, Italian or Turkey, 14 oz, BOGO $4.99 ($2.50)
That means you can put this one together for as little as $9.03. That’s only $2.26 per person! You can customize this based on your family’s favorites. You should also have plenty of leftovers to put together another meal…maybe a meatball sub or throw the extra meatballs in your spaghetti.
Once again, I made this entire meal from items in my pantry and fridge. Don’t be intimidated by the recipes – both the pizza dough and the meatballs are super easy. I promise you guys can make them both!
- Pizza Stone With Rack, 14.75″
- Nonstick Bread Knife, 7″
- CUTTING BOARD, PLASTIC 10 X 15
- Nonstick Utility Knife, 5” blade
- Large Nonstick Cookie Sheet, 17″ X 11″
Keep in mind that Publix carries a huge variety of Good Cook products. You can find a large selection of tools and cookware throughout the store.