It's time to start thinking about what you will do for your cookie exchange. If you want something a little different this year why not whip up these Caramel Apple Cakies? They are super simple to whip up as you use a box of Duncan Hines Caramel Apple Cupcake Mix and a few extra ingredients to make a super treat in no time flat.
I made these for a friend and had them put together in the blink of an eye. I think I was doing laundry, writing a few posts and cooking dinner all at the same time. No one has to know that they are super simple...you can still put on your super hero cape and wear it with pride 😉
Don't forget that we have a great sale on Duncan Hines cake mixes in the upcoming Publix ad. There are also lots of coupons available. Be sure to have your coupons ready so you can stock up. The Perfect Size Cakes will be just 10¢ per box after coupons. You can't miss out on these deals!
Duncan Hines Cake Mix, Assorted Varieties, 9.4 to 21.41 oz, BOGO (prices will vary)
-$1/3 Duncan Hines Products Printable [Includes Duncan Hines Comstock and Wilderness]
-$1/1 Duncan Hines Perfect Size Cake or Decadent Cake Mix, 09/20 SS (exp 12/15) [DND]
-$1/3 Duncan Hines Product (Mobisave Deposit)
-$1/2 Duncan Hines Perfect Size Cake Mixes, exp. 12/31/15 (Publix Coupon Winter Family Savings Booklet or Printable) [9.4-oz.]
-$0.50/1 Duncan Hines Limited Edition Holiday Velvets Cake Mix, Any
-$1.50/3 Dunan Hines Frosting, Any (1) WYB (2) Duncan Hines Cake Or Brownie Mixes (DND) Tearpad (exp 12/31/15)
Perfect Size Cakes will be just 10¢ each after coupons!
- Irish Cream Brownies
- Autumn Velvets Cake Mix
- Maple Spice Frosting
- Cranberry Orange Bar
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Caramel Apple Cupcake
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Limited Edition Apple Caramel Decadent Cake Mix
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick), melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets.
- Prepare frosting according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine cupcake mix, butter, eggs, water and nuts in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2-inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake 18 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool cookies 2 minutes on pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Fill pastry bag according to package directions. Pipe rounded tablespoon of frosting on flat side of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
Recipe from Duncan Hines
If you need more recipe inspiration, you can always look to the Duncan Hines website. There are tons of recipes and tips just a click away! They have recipes for all skill levels so you can pick one that speaks to you! You can also try any of the recipes that I have shared recently:
This post is brought to you by the folks at Duncan Hines. All comments and opinions are my own.