January 9, 2014
Products for this recipe sponsored by Good Cook
Welcome to this week’s Publix Super Meals. Each week I am going to share a recipe to help you take the Publix Super Deals and turn them into Publix Super Meals!
With the deal on drumsticks this week at Publix, I knew I had to come up with a recipe using the chicken. One of my all time favorite ways to do drumsticks (and/or thighs) is by whipping up Asian BBQ Drumsticks. While it’s one of the easiest recipes it’s also packed with great flavor.
All you have to do is whip up a simple marinade and let them sit for a bit. Then you just bake the chicken in the oven – super easy. When you want a break from plain barbecue chicken, try this recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2½ - 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated fine (or minced)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce (or soy sauce)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- Rinse chicken then dry thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Place chicken in a zip top bag (or bowl) and pour the sauce over the chicken. Mix until all pieces are coated.
- Seal bag (cover bowl) and refrigerate for 3 - 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After the chicken has marinated, place the chicken legs on a baking rack on a sheet pan. Note: you might want to line your sheet pan with foil to catch the sauce that drips off the chicken.It's hard to get off they pan when baked on.
- Reserve the excess marinade for basting.
- Bake the drumsticks in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste with half of the reserved sauce then bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken then baste the other side and cook an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Grab lots of napkins and enjoy!
Grab some pantry ingredients and a pack of Publix Chicken Drumsticks that are on sale for $1.49/lb and you can whip this one up at a fantastic price.
Don’t forget, Publix carries a huge variety of Good Cook products. You can find a large selection of tools and cookware throughout the store. You can find everything you need when you shop for your ingredients.