This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Weeknights can be hectic but that doesn't mean you can't serve up a tasty meal...even if you only have 30 minutes or less to cook! With Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products and a few ingredients you can serve up an amazing meal in a flash.
You guys know that Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products are crazy convenient already. I mean how easy is to open a package, put the pork on a pan and then pop it in the oven? Steam up some veggies to go with it and you can almost do dinner blindfolded! When you want to change things up you can still count on Smithfield.
My Easy Pork Fried Rice is the ultimate for a busy night. It only requires a few ingredients and is ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish! Everything cooks up in one pan so even cleanup is a breeze!
You'll notice that this recipe only calls for 7 ingredients. Now that doesn't mean that it's a bland meal. Sometimes all you need are a few key ingredients for big flavor!
For my recipe, I like to use the Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin. The pork is marinated so half of the work is already done for me. I don't need a bunch of extra ingredients to get great flavor. I also choose heat & eat rice as I find that it works better for the recipe. I don't have to worry about sticky rice and since it's already cooked, dinner come together FAST!
When you need a delicious meal fast, just stop by the meat department at your local Publix. Look for six different Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork varieties...all of which just happen to be on sale right now.
- Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin 23 oz, $4.99 (reg $5.99)
- Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin 18.4 oz, $6.99 (reg $7.99)
- Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet 27.2 oz, $7.99 (reg $8.99)
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas 32 oz, $6.99 (reg $7.99)
- Garlic & Herb Pork Chops, 24 oz, BOGO $7.99
- Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops 24 oz, BOGO $7.99
All of the products have quick cook instructions and I promise, they are amazing baked or grilled but with just a tiny bit of effort you can serve up a dinner that's out of this world. My Easy Pork Fried Rice is an example of amazing taste with very little effort. It's all about using those good ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Smithfield Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a very large skillet or wok.
- Add the pork and cook for 3 - 5 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, peas and carrots and stir fry for another 3 - 5 minutes until heated through.
- Slide everything to one side of the pan and add the egg to the opening.
- Scramble the egg with a spatula and once cooked, mix into the other ingredients.
- Add the rice and fish sauce then stir fry until hot.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds or sliced green onion.
I also wanted to give you a reminder about the Smithfield Real Flavor Real Fast contest. Through 10/31, consumers can submit their tip for getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork for a chance to win a trip to Wine Country (or hundreds of other prizes). Once the entry deadline of 10/31 has passed, consumers can vote on their favorite tip for a chance to win a $25 Visa gift card.