This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Last week I told you about the amazing sale on all the different Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products. If you haven’t stocked up…what are you waiting for?
I did a big stock up and put a whole bunch of the different products in my freezer so I can simply pull one out for a delicious meal that’s ready in a flash.
What I love is the different products are so incredibly easy to prepare.The pork is marinated so half of the work is already done for me. I don’t have to add a ton of extra ingredients to get the flavor that my family loves.
Seriously…dinner is as easy as opening a package, putting the pork on a pan and popping it in the oven—that’s it! You don’t have to spend time marinating the pork, there’s no need for rubs or a bunch of spices…it’s ready to go right from the package. Even folks who say that they can’t cook can serve up an amazing meal with basically no effort.
You’ll find a big variety of products in the meat department at your local Publix. Look for six different Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork varieties…all of which just happen to be on sale right now.
- Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin, $3.99
- Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin, $5.99
- Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet, $6.99
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas, $5.99 (new item!)
- Garlic & Herb Pork Chops, $5.99 (new item!)
- Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops, $5.99 (new item!)
You’ll notice that there are three NEW items in that list. I can tell you from experience that they are all fabulous. We actually had some of the pork chops last night. I tossed them on the grill and by threw a bag of veggies in the microwave and dinner was on the table in well under 15 minutes. On nights when we have to eat late due to swim and football practice, meals like that are a real lifesaver!
Now all of the products have quick cook instructions and I promise, they are amazing baked or grilled but with just a tiny bit of effort you can serve up a dinner that’s out of this world.
Last week I gave you my recipe for EASY Pork Enchiladas Two Ways. If that hasn’t made it on your menu…add it—you will not regret it, I promise! Today I am going to share my recipe for EASY Pork Shepherd’s Pie.
Do you notice a trend? Yep, both are incredibly easy. With my hectic schedule that’s a must, especially on weeknights. So pick up a few ingredients and take advantage of the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork sale and serve up delicious meals that your whole family will gobble up!
- Smithfield Steakhouse Mushroom Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in large oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute the pork and onion until the pork is browned.
- Add the veggies and the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little chicken broth and then add to the pan.
- Simmer for 3 – 5 minutes until thickened.
- Pipe or spread the the mashed potatoes over the pork mixture and bake for 15 minutes.
- If desired, place under a broiler for 3 minutes until potatoes begin to brown.
I also wanted to give you a reminder about the Smithfield Real Flavor Real Fast contest. Through 10/31, consumers can submit their tip for getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork for a chance to win a trip to Wine Country (or hundreds of other prizes). Once the entry deadline of 10/31 has passed, consumers can vote on their favorite tip for a chance to win a $25 Visa gift card.
PLUS don’t forget that I have FIVE $100 Publix gift card that I get to hand out to some lucky iHeartPublix readers! Be sure to head over HERE and enter for your chance to win!