This post is sponsored by Pinnacle Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
Need an easy dessert that takes almost no effort but has amazing flavor? I have just the recipe for you! This Sunshine Strawberry French Vanilla Cake only requires that you bake up a boxed cake mix as you normally would. The magic happens when you layer the cake with a combination of vanilla frosting and Comstock® Strawberry Filling & Topping.
The moist cake paired with the rich frosting and fresh taste of the fruit really is the perfect combination. It’s a perfect summer dessert and even a novice in the kitchen can handle this recipe. It doesn’t require any fancy skills but you get incredible taste.
Each can of Comstock® Simply Pie Filling & Topping includes the freshest fruits picked at their peak with no artificial preservatives or color added. You get that homemade taste without all the effort of homemade.
You can even experiment with different flavors. Check out all the varieties available at Publix –
- Comstock® Simply Cherry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Blueberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Apple Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Strawberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Peach Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Raspberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature French Vanilla Cake Mix
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix package
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- 1 can Comstock® Simply Strawberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine cake mix with water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Spread 1 cup frosting, on flat side of one cake layer leaving sides bare. Add a layer of strawberry pie filling on top of frosting. Top with next cake layer and garnish with remaining frosting and pie filling & topping.
Now is a great time to make this recipe as we have a sale at Publix. Look for all the cans of Comstock® Simply Pie Filling & Topping priced 2/$6 at Publix. Stock up on your favorites and whip up something tasty. The Sunshine Strawberry French Vanilla Cake would be an amazing 4th of July treat to serve up at your upcoming party!
If you need some recipe inspiration, visit the Duncan Hines website for tons of other recipe ideas!