The holidays are just around the corner! That means it’s time to start gathering all your baking essentials. You’ll want to have everything on hand when your guests start arriving.
The folks at Duncan Hines have made it easy to find everything you need at Publix. Be on the lookout for an in-store display that has tons of great products to help you create delicious holiday treats and goodies for your friends and family.
in addition to your favorites, they have several new seasonal selections that would be perfect for your holiday menu. Look for these seasonal items when you shop –
- Irish Cream Brownies
- Autumn Velvets Cake Mix
- Maple Spice Frosting
- Cranberry Orange Bar
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
If you need some recipe inspiration, you can always look to the Duncan Hines website. There are tons of recipes and tips just a click away!
I thought I’d share a fantastic recipe that I made not too long ago. The Decadent Chocolate Cherry Torte is an incredibly delicious dessert that is sure to impress your guests. You don’t have to tell them that it’s super easy to make.
Remember we have a great sale on Comstock Fruit in the current Advantage Buy flyer that will help you whip this recipe up at a great price!
Duncan Hines Comstock Pie Filling & Topping, 20 to 21 oz (Excluding More Fruit Cherry & Blueberry), 2/$5
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Decadent Decadent Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 can (21 oz.) Duncan Hines Comstock® Country Cherry
- 1⁄4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen nondairy whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8″ round cake pans.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract in small bowl. Stir until blended.
- To assemble, place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with 1 cup whipped topping, then half the cherry pie filling mixture. Top with second layer.
- Spread remaining pie filling to within 11⁄2″ of cake edge.
- Decorate cake edge with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sliced almonds.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Duncan Hines. All comments and opinions are my own.