Dominex Veggie Fries – Delicious & Better for You (+ One Reader Wins An Awesome Prize Pack)

dominex-veggie-fries-final

I am always looking for ways to get more veggies in my boys. Like most kids, my boys love fries. I would guess that they’d eat them every day if I let them. Since fries are not typically the healthiest option, they usually only get them when we go out to eat.

The folks at Dominex have a great option to replace those greasy fries – Veggie Fries. These are not your ordinary fries, these are Breaded Italian Style Eggplant Fries. I have made these several times over the past couple of weeks and all of my guys LOVE them.

I know some of you are out there turning up your nose thinking that I am exaggerating, but they really are just fantastic. My super picky 8 year old actually said the words, “These are really good.” Now, I am not a dummy so I didn’t actually tell them what they were eating. I just put the Veggie Fries on their plates and told them I tried a new recipe. I have yet to tell them that they are eggplant. With my kids, I pick my battles. If letting them think they are eating breaded fries gets veggies in them…then that is what I do ;-)

You can find these at Publix in the frozen section. Look for them near the other bags of frozen fries. With 65% less sodium per serving than the leading brands of French fries and 4g of dietary fiber, all-natural Veggie Fries are a fantastic option for a snack or side dish. Pick up a bag and try them yourself – I think you will be very happy!

DNF_IHeartPublixFries

I have some great news to share! The folks at Dominex are giving an I Heart Publix reader an awesome prize pack. One reader will get great Dominex prize pack that includes the following:

• Free Dominex Product Coupons
  • Pizzazz Pizza Oven
  • $50 Publix Gift Card!

Entry is simple. You just need to complete the task below. You can gain up to 2 bonus entries as well (just make sure that you leave one entry for each one — up to a total of 3 comments). As a reminder, comments left on Facebook, Twitter or other posts will not be included.  I will choose the winner on Sunday, March 30th at 11 pm.

REQUIRED ENTRY:

• Leave a comment letting me know what meal you’d like to serve the Dominex Veggie Fries with. I can highly recommend them with Chicken Gyros ;-)

OPTIONAL ENTRIES:

This post is brought to you by the folks at Dominex. All comments and opinions are my own!

Comments

1. Ashley says

Their products look tasty! I’ve honestly never tried eggplant before, so I’d be really interested in trying it out! :)

• Ashley says

Oh, I forgot the meal part! haha. Well, maybe they’d be an interesting dish paired with veggie burgers and ranch dipping sauce. Then it would be an all-around healthy dinner!

• Renee Masro says

I would eat them with a veggie burger or a burger they sound yummy. I can’t wait to try them.

2. Tara says

I would serve them with anything we would normally have fries with. Burgers, chicken sandwiches, sloppy joes….It sounds like a much healthier alternative.

3. debbie golden says

I would try these as a side with pasta and sauce or even with grilled bbq chicken. Yummy!!!

4. felicia m says

My son loves his veggies, so we will try them out basically with everything. He don’t eat meat this will be just great for him.

5. Diane says

I’d serve them with breaded chicken cutlets! They really would compliment alot of different dishes!

6. Kristian W says

I would serve Dominex veggie fries with anything we normally eat French fries with. Some options include hamburgers, hotdogs, grilled cheese sandwiches, corndogs, and chicken strips. Thank you for the opportunity to win!

7. Nancy says

I think these would be delicious served with a side of marinara sauce as a dip.
    Since it’s about time for fresh basil, I think I will snip a few slivers of fresh basil into a ready-made marinara sauce.
    It could be like finger food “eggplant parmesan”. Mmmm mmm.
    I am vegan and I’m always looking for vegan options for quick easy snacks that I can have with my family.

These sound delicious.

Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

8. Amanda says

I am going to be cooking the Chicken Gyros and I would love to try these with that meal! Eggplant parmesan was a great meal for my entire family and I’m sure they will love the eggplant fries!

9. pamela says

I think I would try them with your Chicken Gyro recipe! It sounds great! Also, I like both Iheartpublix and Dominex on FB. :)

10. Alicia H says

I would serve them with any of the other Dominex entrees – I’ve had them before, and they’re great!

11. lisa says

these veggie fries would be sooo awesome with a nice juicy burger. can’t wait to try them!

12. Shel Mc says

I would serve these with my famous club sandwiches with a dip of marinara or pesto infused mayo. Yummmmmmmm!

13. Michelle says

We love fries too so I am excited to try these! I would probably serve them the first time with cubed steak.

14. Michelle says

I already was a fan of the iheart publix fb page. I think I would also try these with bbq pulled pork

15. Michelle says

I just liked the dominex fb page. I saw a recipe for slow cooker philly cheesesteak that would also be good with these!

16. Elisabeth says

I would like to try these with our homemade hamburgers. Always looking for healthy alternatives to foods my family loves!

17. dana says

I would serve in home made pita bread with hard broil egg avocado tomato and mayoneis or hot souse

18. Kelly P says

I am thinking something grilled – either burgers or chicken. That would make a super easy meal!

19. Tiffany R says

I am always sneaking veggies into my kids without them knowing it! I would serve these with Meatball subs and my kids wouldn’t know the difference. What a great idea!

20. liz says

I would serve these with homemade Philly Cheesteaks with provolone and cheese sauce. Yummy

21. Jitka Mcdonald says

I will buy these either way … The picture looks sooo good. I would serve them with salmon that I marinate in mango coconut suse plus I would whip up french yogurt dip that my family jut loves to put on everything. Yum!

22. Tori Sumer says

I would love to try those with turkey burgers – maybe my 3 year old would even be willing to try something new!

23. says

mmm i love eggplant so i would love to try these! they look like they would be delicious with an italian salad and a hamburger or chicken on the grill!

24. Trae says

I’d serve them with spanakopita (spinach pie) and a greek salad. I gave up fried potatoes for Lent, so these are on my grocery list

25. Teri says

I think they would be great with any meal and even served as am appetizer with some marinara sauce.

26. QP says

I would serve these with oven fried party wings; with blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping.

27. Tracy Jones says

I would totall serve them with cheeseburgers and pasta salad but mostly because I have horrible Spring Fever.

28. Tracy Jones says

29. Crazedmommyof3 says

I’ll copy your meal and serve them with the chicken gyros! That plate looks awesome!

30. karen says

Liked the Dominex site. Now I want to try the eggplant too. Perfect for a Friday dinner during Lent!

31. Contessa says

These sound yummy – I would serve them with sandwiches or griled fish or even a nice Greek salad!

32. Adrian says

I would try these with a tasty turkey burger, or with a turkey/spinach/Havarti sandwich on the Thomas’s bagel thins I got cheap a couple of weeks ago!

33. Contessa says

I also liked the IHP Facebook page, many many times!!

p.s. I meant to say grilled fish on the post above LOL not griled fish

34. courtney says

my sons are picky and dont really eat any veggies:-( I think sloppy joes would be good with these
    maybe even a cold deli meat wrap

35. jo says

I’d probably serve them with a grilled fish sandwich. They sound like something right up my alley! I already love veggies, so I’m sure I’d love these as well.

36. Stephanie says

I would love to try them with a freshly made burger or chicken tenders- two meals that classically have fries as their side!

37. Gail K. says

I would definitely pair Veggie Fries with our grilled chicken sandwiches (the ones with bacon)!!

38. Connie says

I would either serve them as an appetizer with some pasta dish or I would serve them as a side for veggie burgers.

39. Rita says

I would use them for appetizers, salmon patty’s on rolls, burgers and some many more recipes. Great side dish. Can’t wait to try them. I’m sure my family (and me!!!) will love them.

40. Monique says

I think the Dominex veggie fries would be excellent as my own version of fish & chips

41. LHartz says

Those look soooo good! I’d probably serve them with chicken wings because, well, I like chicken wings!

42. Vickie says

oh want to tries these..and, I would serve with eggplant parm subs..yum..perfect for meatless Monday!..or there veggie meatball mozzarella subs..and, cant forget the Cole slaw.

43. Sara says

I’d like to try/serve the Dominex Veggie Fries with some fried up fish! Fish ‘n chips just got a little more healthy. :D

44. Nicole says

I have hamburger steak on my mind so I guess they would be great with that, a better for you option than French fries.

45. Carolann says

I know they are fries, but as someone who adores eggplant parmigiana, I would cook them as directed, then transfer to a baking dish, add a bit of Italian gravy and some mozzarella cheese! It’s GOT TO BE great, right!???!

46. Martina says

I love eggplant, I think I would pair this with a very nice beef short ribs and mash potatoes.

47. says

We love Dominex on Facebook! My 14 year old daughter loves eggplant sooooooo much she doesn’t have to pair it with anything. But she does particularly like to cut very thin slices, fry them and sprinkle with sea salt and eat them like potatoe chips. yum

48. says

Their eggplant or Aubergine meatballs are the perfect substitute for lamb in a spicey malabari curry we love to eat. And when my daughters band friends are over they all love to have the veggie fries with ranch dipping sauce as they rehearse.

49. J Snead says

I’d like to serve these with the Italian meatballs I make. We have a salad on the side, and usually bread sticks, too. This lower sodium veggies would go great with this.

50. Heather Mcdonad says

I would make portabello mushroom cap burgers complete with all the toppings! Looks delicious

51. Jennifer says

Looks delish! I’m sure the eggplant Dominex Veggie Fries would be awesome with almost anything, including the gyros. Maybe try them with marinara dipping sauce for an after school snack? I like this idea as a healthier alternative to chips or crackers.

52. Teresa C. says

I think I’d serve them with a cheeseburger and add some kind of yummy dip to go with them.

53. katrina says

I have tried these before and they were surprisingly really good! I would serve these with some chicken sliders.

54. Amy Butler says

I’m always looking for a healthy side for my veggie burgers–I think these veggie fries would be perfect!

55. Brandy says

Id serve these on burger night instead of fries! Look delish!

I liked Dominex on FB and have ALWAYS liked IheartPublix!

56. Mary Beth says

I would like to serve the Dominex Veggie Fries with a slider and a salad, easy and great! Thanks!

57. says

I LOVE the Dominix breaded eggplant slices – makes a killer eggplant parm without all the effort. Will definitely try the veggie fries – sounds good with a burger or veggie burger!!

58. Jessica M. says

I would serve the Dominex Veggie Fries with chicken sandwiches as a meal, sounds terrific!!