This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments sand opinions are my own.
I love my slow cooker and honestly, I don't know what I would do without it.
With spring sports in full swing, I probably use my slow cooker 2 - 3 times per week. Without it, my guys would be stuck eating a lot of sandwiches OR dinner would come from a paper bag.
When Jake has back to back lacrosse games, we may not get home until after 8pm. So the last thing that I want to do is come home and have to cook dinner. By the time we all get home and settled, I am tired and everyone is starving. I need dinner to be quick and easy. That's when I turn to my slow cooker to help make dinner a breeze!
Using the slow cooker as often as I do, I have to be very creative to ensure I am not serving up the same meals over and over. Luckily there is a huge variety of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork items that help me keep dinnertime exciting AND delicious!
Take my Slow Cooker Pork Stroganoff for example, it's just one of the amazing meals that I can whip up using Smithfield® Fresh Pork. It only takes maybe 5 minutes to get everything prepped and in the slow cooker. Because the pork is already marinated, I don't need a ton of ingredients to get great flavor. I just toss everything in and let the slow cooker do it's magic. Then, when we get home and are ready to eat, I just add a little sour cream to the pot and boil up some noodles. By the time the table is set and everyone is washed up, dinner is ready to go!
This really is a busy mom's perfect meal. It tastes great and is incredibly simple. Definitely my idea of the perfect meal on a busy weeknight. Just gather a few ingredients and put this one on your menu when you know that you need it.
- 1 Smithfield® Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet, cut into large cubes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 - 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 oz pkg of egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- Add pork, mushrooms, onion, garlic thyme, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and1½ cups chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- Mix cornstarch with the remaining ½ cup of chicken broth and stir to combine. Add to the slow cooker.
- Replace the lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sour cream and cooked noodles, taste and season with additional salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Right now you can even get savings on your purchase of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork at your local Publix. Clip the digital coupon and save up to $2 the next time you shop. The coupon offer will vary by person, so be sure to head over and check to see what offer you have in your account.
As you can see, I got a $1 coupon and will be MORE than happy to put that baby to use. I have dozens of different recipes that I can whip up using Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. Let us know what value you got in the comments.
You just may be able to turn your savings into winnings! Pick up your favorite Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork and use it to whip up something tasty, then submit it to the new Shake it Up with Smithfield Fresh Pork contest.
Smithfield is running a national contest called Shake it Up with Smithfield Fresh Pork where you submit a photo & short description of how you reimagine mealtime with Smithfield®Fresh Pork.
Just show them how you cut and substitute Smithfield Fresh Pork within traditional beef or chicken dishes centered around a week night dinner or entertaining. Your easy recipe means the chance to win one of (20) $100 gift cards or a grand prize of $5,000 cash!
Remember, Publix carries a big variety of Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork items for you to choose from. Look for these six items in the fresh meat section at your store.
- Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin
- Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin
- Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- NEW Steakhouse Pork Chops
- Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- NEW Sweet & Smoky Roast
Clip your coupon, submit your meal idea and you could be a big winner! If you aren't feeling creative, you can still grab savings and try my recipe. It's a huge hit at my house and I think your family will love it too. Give it a try and let me know what you think!