This post is sponsored by Castello. All comments and opinions are my own.
Things gets hectic trying to juggle work, home, family, friends and so much more. It can be impossible getting everything to run smoothly each and every week. Things don't always go as planned and we often have to adjust and/or make sacrifices to maintain a little sanity.
My husband and I are usually doing so much for the boys, we rarely have any free time for ourselves. So, date night is a very rare occurrence at my house. We often have to divide and conquer to have both boys where they need to be. By the time we get home, we are too tired to bother going out.
To keep things exciting, I try to plan a date night at home at least once or twice every month. I find it's actually often more fun than going out as we actually get a chance to enjoy our time together.
Date night can be stressful and take a lot of effort. We have to find a sitter, choose a restaurant, get reservations, travel to the location AND on top of that, there is the expense! BUT, a date night at home requires much less effort. I just toss a pizza in the oven for the boys and let them eat early. They can then go hang out downstairs while Jim and I enjoy a delicious meal...and a little time alone!
Date night doesn't mean that I spend a ton of time in the kitchen. I like to serve up meals that taste good but aren't crazy difficult to prepare. After all, the goal of date night is to enjoy a delicious meal, relax, and spend a little quality time together.
One of my favorite date night meals is a dish that doesn't require any cooking at all. This Braeburn Salad recipe is packed with AMAZING flavor and comes together in a flash. Given to me by my sister-in-law, this recipe can be made in just minutes. Pair with a glass of wine or your favorite craft beer for the ultimate date night meal at home!
- 1 package spring mix or your favorite lettuce
- 2 Braeburn apples, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 1 4.4 oz pkg Castello Danish Blue Cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup dijon miustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
- Add salad ingredients to a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until emulsified (or add to jar with a lid and shake to combine).
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat. (NOTE: you will likely have extra dressing)
- Sprinkle with black pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
I could eat this salad every single day...it's that good! The sweetness of the apples and pecans combined with the tangy Castello Blue Cheese for a meal that tastes absolutely amazing.
You don't need a lot of time or a ton of ingredients to have this one on the table in under 10 minutes. So, it's easy AND economical.
Plus, right now you can save on the Castello Cheese needed for this recipe. Look for a big $2 Castello coupon in the 3/10 Sunday paper. Clip the coupon and stop by Publix to pick up a few ingredients and mark your calendar for your next date night at home.
Look for a big selection of Castello Cheeses in the specialty cheese case at your local Publix. With so many different options you are sure to find just what you love. Castello Cheeses come in a variety of options from indulgently creamy, to curiously crumbly and even surprisingly sharp.
Here's a list of what you'll find at Publix -
- Castello Gouda Round - Rich and creamy with a semi-hard texture. Nutty flavor and a touch of sweetness.
- Castello Havarti Creamy - Mild and aromatic cheese with just a hint of tanginess. Creamy consistency but is easy to slice and enjoy.
- Castello Double Crème Blue - Rich and smooth with a soft, creamy texture and hints of autumn mist. The complex taste combines the taste of slightly salted sour cream with the rounded, hoppy bitterness of blue.
- Castello Traditional Danish Blue Wedge - Fine, nutty, blue mold aroma with hints of marzipan and a soft bitterness of sourdough.
- Castello Aged Havarti - Mild, slightly tangy Danish Havarti. Matured for 12 months in Denmark, to a traditional recipe dating back to 1952.
- Castello Vintage Havarti - Creamy, with attractive deep notes of butter and fermented milk. Aged 24 months, it offers a deep, rich, creamy flavor and crunchy texture. The small white spots that are visible on and within the cheese are the secret to its delicate crystalline texture and subtle crunch.
- Castello Extra Creamy Danish Blue Wedge - A mild blue mold aroma, buttery with a hint of oiliness and a sharp blue mold sourness overlaid on tempered salty butter.
- Castello Crumbled Blue - A fine, nutty, blue mold aroma with hints of marzipan. The taste is an exact blue mold; soft and elegant bitterness with a marzipan note overlaid on the sourdough sourness of the cheese.
Be sure to clip that big $2 coupon from the 3/10 insert and grab your favorite cheese the next time you shop.