Welcome to this week’s Publix Super Meals. Each week I am going to share a recipe to help you take the Publix Super Deals and turn them into Publix Super Meals!
With the FREE Rotisserie Chicken promotion and the cold weather we are having, I decided it was time to whip up some Easy Chicken Noodle Soup.
I guess I somehow knew I would need it. My little guy was sick last week and my oldest was sent home due to fever yesterday. The soup has come in handy for my under the weather kiddos. Chicken Noodle Soup always makes everyone feel better.
Even if you aren’t under the weather this is an easy soup and perfect way to warm up.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 2 - 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 8 oz thin spaghetti noodles
- ¼ cup cream (or milk)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Melt butter in a large stockpot.
- Add carrots, celery and onion and cook on medium for 3 - 4 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf, parsley and chicken.
- Bring to a boil then add noodles.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 - 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add flour to cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into soup and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Grab these items from Publix this week and whip up some yummy soup for next to nothing!
College Inn Broth, 32 oz, BOGO $2.69
Rotisserie Chicken – Free wyb 3 participating P&G products
Publix Baby Carrots, 16 oz, 4/$5
Don’t forget, Publix carries a huge variety of Good Cook products. You can find a large selection of tools and cookware throughout the store. You can find everything you need when you shop for your ingredients.