This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Quick and easy meals are an absolute necessity at my house. Fancy meals are just not something that I have time (or want) to deal with. My guys don't care about how a meal looks or how long it takes...they just care about the taste!
So when I am planning my menu for the week, I try to determine the chaos level of each day and plan accordingly. Yes, every day has a chaos level...at least at my house! Nights when I am coming home late from tutor and practices are much more chaotic than a "regular" night when we don't have any extra-curricular activities to deal with. It all boils down to what I will have to contend with WHILE I try to make dinner.
When I know that I will have a lot to deal with, I plan recipes like this Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Braid. It's a delicious meal that only takes about 5 minutes to prep and then another 20 minutes in the oven. It's an easy and delicious way to feed my crew when I know I will be home late or when I will be pulled in a million directions while trying to cook.
Besides the fact that it's super simple to prepare, it's also delicious. I know that when I put this on the table, I never have to deal with smirks or grumps from my picky trio!
Now is the perfect time to add this meal to your menu as we have a digital coupon to help you save on Farmland® Diced Ham. With a pack of Farmland® Diced Ham and 6 other ingredients you can have a delicious meal on the table in a flash,
Farmland® Diced Ham is my secret to serving up a fantastic meal without a ton of effort. The ham is fully cooked and comes diced and ready to go right from the package. It can be tossed in salads, omelets, casseroles or pasta for a quick and delicious way to add protein to your favorite meal.
I use it any time of day as it's super versatile. In the morning, the ham is great in scrambled eggs, omelets or a tasty breakfast pizza. At lunch time, it's a quick and easy protein to toss in my salad or included in a wrap that comes together in a flash. Of course for dinnertime...the sky is the limit.
Need more recipe ideas? Since you won't need a full package of ham for this recipe, why not try some of these tasty options. All are easy and absolutely delicious.
- 8 oz Farmland® Diced Ham
- 8 oz crescent dough sheet (or pizza dough)
- 1½ cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Add the Farmland® Diced Ham, onion, broccoli, mustard and cheese to a medium bowl and mix to combine and set aside.
- Roll out the refrigerated dough onto a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Imagine the dough a three equal parts. Cut the two ends of the dough into strips, leaving the middle intact.
- Move the dough to a baking sheet.
- Spread the ham mixture over the uncut middle portion of the dough.
- Crisscross the dough strips and tuck the ends.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning if desired
- Bake in a 375º F oven for approximately 18- 20 minutes or until golden brown.