Alrighty guys...the wait is finally over. The big game is THIS weekend!
Isn't it crazy to think how much prep there is to a football game that only lasts a couple of hours? But it's not just the game that makes the day fun. The pregame fun, halftime show and of course the commercials combine for a day of excitement that just can't be beat.
This is the biggest game of the year so why not gather a group of friends for a night of fun, food and football?!
Publix makes it easy to treat your friends and family to a game day celebration like no other. Stock your cart with Dos Equis, Old El Paso Taco Kit & Dinner Kits plus your favorite Kraft products and serve up the spectacular Old El Paso™ Game Day Taco Stadium!
I couldn't pass up trying my hand at that impressive Taco Stadium. I hosted a gathering during the playoffs and whipped up a big spread that was a HUGE hit with all my friends and family. If you can make tacos, you can make the Taco Stadium. It's easy to put together and offers your game day guests, the flavors that they love!
Try this Beer Beef Tacos recipe for a quick and delicious variation on a regular taco. It's a family favorite and offers a great change of pace from a standard taco. View the video below to get some inspiration and serve up great taste that will make your big game gathering a HUGE hit.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 Old El Paso™ Stand n' Stuff™ taco dinner kit
- ⅔ cup Dos Equis™ lager beer
- 1 cup (from 8-oz bag) Kraft™ Mexican style shredded four cheese blend with a touch of Philadelphia
- 1 Avocados from Mexico™, pitted, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup (from 16-oz container) Breakstone's™ sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix (from dinner kit) and beer. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat shells (from dinner kit) as directed on package.
- Divide beef among heated shells; top with cheese, avocado, sour cream, taco sauce (from dinner kit) and cilantro.
Include other toppings, such as sliced jalapeño or sliced green onions, as desired.
Take the opportunity to stock your cart with great products at your local Publix and you are sure to be the party MVP. Be sure to check out the Ready.Plan.Save page for lots more recipes to help you plan the perfect get together!