This post is sponsored by Arla. All comments and opinions are my own.
The new year is in full swing. My guess is that many of you made some resolutions that relate to food. Maybe you are going to try to eat healthier, eat more vegetables or maybe your goal is to cook at home and avoid the high cost of eating out?!
I decided that I am going to try to eat better and reduce my snacking. Notice that I didn't say anything about dieting. Diets can be so restricting and a slip up can make me feel like a failure. My resolution to eat better means that I simply change a few habits. I am starting by trying to increase the amount of protein and veggies in my weekly menu. It's a good option for me and my growing boys.
Now that doesn't mean that I am going to sacrifice taste at mealtime. I would have a revolt on my hands if I dared to serve up boring or tasteless meals. With a little creativity and a few key ingredients, I can have delicious dinner on the table that my whole family loves.
Take this Creamy Mushroom Pork & Zoodles recipe as an example. It's packed with lean protein and lots of veggies, plus thanks to a tub of Arla Skyr Cream Cheese, it's rich, creamy and tastes amazing!
I chose Arla Skyr Cream Cheese for the taste and simple ingredient list. Arla Skyr Cream Cheese starts with the classic Arla cream cheese recipe and introduces Skyr, an Icelandic-style yogurt, into the mix, resulting in a great-tasting Icelandic cream cheese spread that’s naturally higher in protein and lower in sugar and fat than their Original Cream Cheese.
It only takes a few ingredients to put together a fantastic dish that everyone loves. Grab what you need at Publix and, if you are shopping this weekend...be sure to and look for demo tables and you can try the great taste of Arla before you buy it. Demos will be held at select locations 1/18 - 1/20 and will include a $1 coupon so you can save on the great taste for my recipe or any of your favorites.
Look for these tasty flavors in the dairy department at your local Publix:
- Herbs & Spices
- Mediterranean Garden (in select locations)
- ½ pound lean pork, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 3 zucchini, spiralized into thin noodles
- 1 tub Arla Skyr Cream Cheese
- Dry the chops and liberally sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until very hot.
- Saute the pork for 4 - 6 minutes until golden brown, remove to a paper lined plate.
- Add the butter and mushrooms to the skillet and saute until mushrooms are softened and begin to caramelize.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Return the cooked pork to the pan and stir in the Arla Skyr Cream cheese, Dijon Mustard and parmesan cheese. Stir until combined and creamy.
- Add the zucchini zoodles to the pan and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. (Do not cook for longer or the zoodles will get mushy)
- Serve immediately.