This post is sponsored by Holland House. All comments and opinions are my own.
Even though the first officially day of summer is about a month away, the weather here already feels like summer. It’s been warm and sunny outside… just the way I like it!
This is the perfect time of the year for fresher, lighter meals! One of my favorite light summer meal is Spinach Pesto Grilled Salmon. Not only is this tasty dish light and fresh, you can serve it over zoodles and blistered cherry tomatoes for a better-for-you summer meal that your whole family will love.
While you could buy a pre-made pesto, my homemade version is ready in a flash and has such amazing flavor. The key to this recipe is replacing the standard basil with spinach PLUS a little Holland House Organic White Wine Vinegar. Yep, that delicious vinegar adds such a bright, clean flavor you won’t want to bother buying that bland, pre-made pesto again.
Crafted from oak-barrel aged wine made with 100% organic grapes, Holland House Organic White Wine Vinegar brings delicious balance and bright organic goodness to all your favorite dishes! It’s a must-have ingredient for my pesto and so many other amazing dishes.
Gather a few ingredients and you can have this tasty meal on the table in under 30 minutes. It’s easy enough for a regular weeknight meal and would be a fantastic option when entertaining. The presentation is beautiful and the taste is absolutely amazing.
Pick up a few ingredients and add this dish to your menu this week!
Spinach Pesto Grilled Salmon
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp Holland House Organic White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts - toasted
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets with skin - 5 oz each
- Place the spinach, Holland House vinegar, pine nuts, Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several time.
- With the food processor running, gradually drizzle in the olive oil. Stop and scrape the bowl occasionally.
- Taste and season the pesto as needed.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the prepared pesto and spread over the salmon, coating all sides.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Place the fish, skin side down, onto the grill and cook 6 - 8 minutes.
- Flip the fish and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked through and fish flakes with a fork.
- Top with additional pesto if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Becoming the #1 branded specialty vinegars, Holland House Organic Wine Vinegars are the perfect addition to any salad, marinades or sauce. Using classic and delicious flavors, each splash is a distinctive and unique way to balance any dish!
Even better, you can grab savings on a bottle of that delicious vinegar. Load the Ibotta offer and save $2 when you switch from your old brand of wine vinegar to Holland House!
Holland House Organic Wine Vinegar, $3.79
–$2/1 Holland House Organic Wine Vinegars (Ibotta Deposit)
Just $1.79 after cash back!
Transform ordinary dishes into something extraordinary with Holland House Organic Wine Vinegars!