This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
With Father’s Day right around the corner, it’s time for someone (other than dad) to step up to the grill!
If you were to ask dad what he wants for his special day, I would bet that a burger would be at the top of his list. But instead of giving dad a basic burger, why not serve up something amazing to help celebrate his special day?! Grab a few ingredients and serve up a burger that he is sure to love—a Whiskey Glazed Burger!
There are two important parts to the success of this burger… the burger itself and that amazing whiskey sauce. Both parts are super easy to prep and combine for amazing taste.
When it comes to the burger, you gotta have some Hellmann’s Mayonnaise. That’s because the juiciest burgers start with Hellmann’s Mayonnaise! That’s right, that creamy mayo is mixed right in with the meat to create a moist, juicy and super tasty burger. Make your patties and throw them on the grill and you are half way to burger paradise.
The whiskey sauce is what adds the final touch. With just a few ingredients and a few minutes of prep, you have. sauce that really takes this burger over the top. Just be aware that once you serve up these burgers, dad may never want to go back to plain burgers again!
Grab a few ingredients and add this tasty meal to your Father’s Day menu.
Whiskey Glazed Burgers
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
- 2 lbs ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce -or more to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup whiskey
- Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and allow the glaze to simmer about 15 minutes, stirring often until reduced and thickened.
- Watch the glaze carefully to avoid boil overs and keep warm until use.
- Combine mayonnaise, bread crumbs and soup mix in bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise mixture into ground beef; shape into 8 patties.
- Grill or broil until done.
- Before removing from the grill, baste the burger will the prepared whiskey glaze and cook an additional 30 seconds per side.
- To serve, spread addition mayonnaise on the bottom bun and top with a burger, Drizzle with extra glaze and add any other preferred toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions, etc).
And don’t forget to gather all the other condiments that you might need for your summer grilling. Tasty condiments are a staple at any backyard cookout. With the diferent varieties of Mallie, Sir Kensington’s and Hellmann’s condiments you will be sure to find something for everyone! Grab the bottles to keep all those tasty products stocked so they are available when you need them. Head into Publix for some super deals to help you stock up. Look for the following savings as part of the Extra Savings Flyer –
- $4/1 Hellmann’s 48 oz Publix Digital coupon
- BOGO Sir Kensington’s Product Publix Extra Savings Flyer valid 6/4 – 6/17
- Hellmann’s Sauces, 2/$6
Head over to your local Publix and pick up the supplies you need to wow dad this Father’s Day!