The following are general guidelines regarding Publix policy.If there is any doubt, please speak with your store for clarification. Different regions will vary in policy and procedure.
- Publix allows the use of one manufacturer coupon AND one store coupon per item purchased. This applies to BOGO items as well
- Publix accepts competitor coupons. Check with your store to confirm who they consider their competitor.
- Publix does not accept expired coupons.
- The Publix Promise guarantees that if during checkout, the scanned price of an item (excluding alcohol and tobacco products) exceeds the shelf price or advertised price, they will give the customer one of that item free. The remaining items will be charged at the lower price.
- Publix accepts internet printables (IP’s). Many Publix will not accept IP’s for free items or IP’s over $5 in value.
- Publix registers also require that the number of coupons and items purchased be equivalent. If you have more coupons than items, a manger override will be required.
- During a BOGO sale, you do not have to purchase two items to receive the discount. BOGO items each ring ½ of the regular price. This is not true in Florida—you must purchase both items as the 1st item rings at full price and the 2nd item rings at zero ($0)
- Publix will gladly give a rain check for any sale item that is not in stock. Some stores will only write rain checks for items in the weekly sales flyer not the Advantage Buy Flyers
Publix has excellent customer service and strives for complete customer satisfaction. Being responsible and using coupons appropriately ensures that Publix remains coupon friendly. I recommend establishing a rapport with your store staff, asking questions if there is ever a doubt about policy and being an honest couponer. This will help to ensure your shopping is a pleasure :-)
Various Publications offered by Publix:
If you have children, I would strongly recommend you enroll your kids–you can do it online and it is very simple. Go HERE to enroll in the Publix Baby club if you child is under the age of two (or if you are expecting).
Did you know that Publix has other great programs and magazine available–all for FREE! Publix has three different magazine that they will send directly to you several times per year. These magazines are filled with great articles, recipes and COUPONS!
The last program is the Apron’s Recipe Collection. HERE you will find TONS of wonderful recipes, great information and even videos!