This post is sponsored by Truvia®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Is there anything better than a cup of hot cocoa on a chilly day?
I love to cozy up on the couch with a blanket, a book and a big cup of hot cocoa. Now I am not talking about a flavorless packet of hot cocoa mix, I want the good stuff! A cup of rich and creamy homemade hot cocoa with a big dollop of homemade whipped cream goes way beyond the basic powdered stuff that comes in a box. While it may take a few extra minutes to prepare, the taste makes that little bit of effort totally worth it!
For all of us who are trying to cut calories and sugar, I have an easy way to get great tasting cocoa without any sugar at all! Thanks to Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener you get sweetness without sugar and zero calories per serving.
It’s simple to use and measures cup-for-cup like sugar, without the calories of sugar. So if your recipe calls for a cup of sugar, just use a cup of Truvia® Sweet Complete™ instead. This calorie-free sweetener from the stevia leaf measures, bakes and sweetens just like sugar making it the perfect addition to all your favorite foods and recipes!
Try it in your favorite hot cocoa, I bet you’ll love it. And, if you don’t have a recipe that you prefer, give mine a try. I’ll even share a deal to help you get your Truvia® Sweet Complete™ at a great discount right now at Publix.
Look for a digital coupon and save on your next purchase.
- ½ cup Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener
- ¼ cup cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener
- ½ cup cold heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, mix Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener , cocoa, salt and hot water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly,
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly,
- Add the milk. Heat the hot cocoa until hot, but don't allow it to boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream, Truvia® Sweet Complete™, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until medium peaks form (about 3 - 4 minutes).
- Pour the cocoa into two mugs and then top each with a big dollop of the homemade whipped cream.
Thanks to Truvia®, we can reduce sugar and calories while still enjoying all of our favorite foods and recipes. Whether it’s used in cookies, muffins, a big batch of pancakes or my sugar free hot cocoa, Truvia® is America’s favorite stevia sweetener and is great for people looking to reduce calories, including people with diabetes and those looking to reduce sugar in their diets. It’s the easy way to help maintain your healthy goals and resolutions for the new year!
Be aware that Truvia® Sweet Complete™ is only available in select stores. If you can’t find it at your Publix, try another variety of America’s favorite stevia sweetener (Truvia®) instead! To find Truvia® Sweet Complete™ at a Publix store near you, visit the store locator.