My guys are pasta-aholics so when I started looking through the ad, I knew that I’d do some kind of pasta meal this week. When I spotted the sale on shrimp and asparagus, I knew exactly what to make – my Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus Pasta. It’s a super simple dish that is great for summer.
This dish is lighter than some other pasta meals. There isn’t a heavy sauce on top of the already filling pasta. Instead, it’s a light lemony and buttery-type sauce that won’t make you feel like you have to roll away from the table once you are finished eating.
I am pretty much the only one in my house who likes asparagus but I still use it in lots of recipes. I figure if I keep putting it out there…maybe at some point my guys will realize that it really tastes amazing. Of course for now, they just pick it out. I figure that I have to keep trying 😉
Since my basil plant is still rocking, I also added some basil because again, in my world basil is great on everything! My plant has been alive and kicking for over 3 months now. That’s the longest that I have had one keep producing. A friend of mine told me to keep cutting it back and it will prevent it from flowering and becoming unusable. So, I have been using it like crazy and it’s been producing like crazy…win/win!
Here are the items on sale this week at Publix. Be sure to add them to your cart and you can whip up a tasty meal for under $3 per serving!
Medium White Shrimp, Easy to Peel, Previously Frozen, Farmed, Responsibly Sourced, 41 to 50 per Pound, $5.99/lb
Mueller’s Pasta, 8 to 16 oz, BOGO $1.69
Publix GreenWise Bakery Crusty Baguette, 8.5 oz, $1.49
Medlee Seasoned Butter, 2.5 oz, 2/$5 (reg $3)
–$0.50/1 Medlee Seasoned Butter Sauté Starter or Finishing Flavor
$2 after coupon.
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 4 discs Medlee Lemon Herb Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ pound asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt four disks of Medlee Lemon Herb Butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for one minute.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and add to the pan and cook for approx 3 minutes until pink. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the asparagus, tomatoes, wine (or chicken broth) and lemon juice to the pan and cook for 3 - 5 minutes until the asparagus is crisp tender.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan with the pasta, basil and parmesan cheese. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Top with additional parmesan and fresh basil if desired.