If you have a question about couponing at Publix, this is the place to find the answer! Each week my buddy Christy over at Winn Dixie on a Dime and I have a little coupon question and answer session here on Ask I Heart Publix. Keep sending in those questions - we love to answer them! Just remember if we didn't get to your question this week...we will do our best to cover it another week!!
Remember--there is a tab at the top of the site under "About" titled “Ask I Heart Publix” where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!
Here are this week’s questions:
- What's the deal with the Hopster coupons I see in the weekly matchups?
- How does the BOGO Publix Chicken work with $X/$XX coupons?
- I love your new site I Heart Kitchen. How do you manage it all???
- How does Publix choose which stores to accept as competitors?
- Do you know if Publix plans to offer their store coupons as digital coupons?
And here are the answers!
Christy: Michelle posted about how Hopster coupons work over here. I don't know about you, but I'll take all the coupon options they'll give us! 🙂
Michelle: Yep--I mentioned them a while back and they now have an iframe that I was able to put on the site so you guys can access the coupons right here whenever you need them. Like all the other printable coupons all you have to do is hover over the PRINTABLE COUPONS tab in the navigation bar at the top of the site and choose which coupon option you want. Just grab what you need while making your grocery list - easy breezy!
2. Lynn wants to know: I read something in the comments this week about how the BOGO Publix Chicken Breast doesn't deduct from your receipt until after coupons...is this true? Does that mean that I can use a $X/$XX coupon to make my total price for chicken even lower?
Christy: I saw that comment too and I am also curious about this. I would think the cashier would need to hit "total" BEFORE the $X/$XX coupon was scanned in. Commenters, what do you know about this?
Michelle: You know I have no idea either! In all honesty I hardly ever have those $X/$XX coupons so I have never even thought about it or tried it. If the commenter has had success then maybe...I guess it would be worth a try if you have a coupon to use!!
3. Adrienne wants to know: I'm just wondering how you manage it all! I love your new site I Heart Kitchen...but how in the world do you manage it all? Between the sites and moving you must be exhausted!
Christy: Just in case you guys weren't sure before - Michelle IS Superwoman. I have worked with her almost every day for 3 years, and even *I* don't know how she does it all 🙂
Michelle: Hahahaha--I am not sure I can put "Superwoman" on my resume 😉 I have always been the type of person to be doing something at all times...and I do mean from the time I wake up until I go to sleep each night. It's pretty rare to find me sitting around on the couch doing nothing. I just like to stay busy. Don't get me wrong some days are worse than others and I often want to kick myself for taking on WAY too much. Most days it is just what I do. I try to stay organized so that I can be productive as possible but like everyone I slack off on certain things and then get to them when I can.
I will admit that the move has added a little bit extra stress...but I am just dealing with it a little at a time. I don't have a day that I must be out of my current house so if I move a little at a time then that's A-OK. My main focus is getting the boys settled and ready for school -- whatever I accomplish beyond that is a bonus.
As for the new site...I am so glad you like it! In all honesty it's kind of fun. All I do is just take a few pictures of the meals that I am making for us and type up the recipes. It does take a few minutes here and there but lots of folks ask me about the recipes I mention. Having them on one site makes it easier than having to type them up and email them out.
4. Keilah wants to know: I'm wondering if you know anything about how Publix chooses their competitors. My store is across the street from a Fresh Market but doesn't consider them a competitor (the competitors they do accept are miles away). I'm pretty sure that there are other Publix stores that accept Fresh Market as a competitor...so I wonder why this is the case. This isn't a complaint because I really do love Publix - but I'm just curious.
Christy: I am always a little curious about this too. I would ask your store or assistant manager rather than Customer Service staff since the managers might have more information about the original decision about which stores to consider as competitors in your area. If you don't get an answer there, you might call the district manager to see what they have to say. It never hurts to ask...especially when you also express how much you love your Publix :).
Michelle: I have wondered the same as well. I am not sure the rhyme or reason and other folks are in the same boat as you. Many folks have the same issue with Target. Some folks have mentioned that even having them in the same shopping center doesn't guarantee that the coupons will be accepted. I would guess there is some rationale...I am just not sure what that is. Like Christy mentioned, you might ask the manager or DM for your area - maybe they have the scoop?!
5. Lisa wants to know: Do you know if Publix ever plans to offer their store coupons as digital coupons? Sometimes those Publix coupons are harder to find or I just want to grab one deal...digital coupons would be so much easier then!
Christy: Since the digital coupon program was just rolled out in all areas recently, they may still be planning to add store coupons in later on...but I haven't heard of any specific plans to do so.
Michelle: You know that's not a bad idea but it would limit us to only one deal. I do like the new trend where they offer their booklet coupons as printables as well. I rarely get the booklets so I LOVE being able to print my two copies. Maybe they'll see that folks are utilizing the digital coupons and offer the store coupons there as well. I personally would love it in ADDITION to the in store booklets and printable options.
I hope our answers to these questions were helpful! Make sure you 'tune in' next week for even more Q&A with I Heart Publix. We are really running low on questions to answer, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered, PLEASE send it in!! Just email me at [email protected]