Keep sending in those questions – we love to answer them! Just remember if we didn’t get to your question this week…we will do our best to cover it another week!! As always a big thanks to my buddy Christy over at Winn Dixie on a Dime who gives me so much help to get the questions answered.
Remember–there is a tab at the top of the site called “Q & A” where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!
Here are this week’s questions:
- Can you explain how Facebook coupon offers work?
- Do Upromise eCoupons load automatically to my Publix Upromise card?
- What are some reliable coupon clipping sites?
- Where can I find tearpad coupons?
- If my store interprets the wording of a coupon differently than I do, what do I do?
And here are the answers!
1.Julie wants to know: I finally joined Facebook so I could get the coupons you all offer through them. Can you explain how that works with Facebook? Sometimes the questions that pop up are kind of intimidating that are asking for access to my settings and my friends.
Michelle: I know lots of people who miss out on these great coupons because they don’t want they apps to access their personal information. Super easy solution…
create a new Facebook profile just to access the great coupons! Just use your secondary email address that you use to register for email newsletters and freebies (you are using a secondary email address right?!) and create your new profile. You can use a modified version of your name or a nickname and just skip past all the connections and in 2 minutes you have a brand new profile that you can sign into when you want to access the hot coupons :-)
UPDATE: Ok-so you are supposed to only have one Facebook account so instead follow the directions and set one up for your “friend” or maybe you spouse …heck maybe your cat–tee hee!! Be sure and read the Facebook rules (if you can keep up with all their changes–tee hee) – thanks Sunshine!
Christy: I’ve been accessing printable coupons via Facebook for as long as I’ve been couponing and I haven’t really had a problem with any of the “Access” apps. From time to time different apps will post to my personal Facebook wall but I just delete those posts, Plus, most of my Facebook buddies are couponers too so they are signing up for the same offers I am! ☺
2. Pam wants to know: I just signed up for the Publix Upromise card and I wanted to know if the electronic coupons that are available on the Upromise site would be downloaded to my card and when Publix swipes it, would the electronic coupons be valid and used?
Christy: You do need to go to the Upromise web site at the beginning of every month and load the eCoupons you want to your account – they won’t be automatically loaded to your card.
Then when you buy those items at Publix, the eCoupon adds to your Upromise account total. The best thing about Upromise is that you can use a paper coupon for the same item, so you effectively get twice the savings!
Michelle: I posted about Upromise a while back…you can check out that post for all the info about the program here. Definitely sign up and at the beginning of the month load all the coupons and you will be set for the month!
Christy: Michelle and I have both had good luck with Crystal over at Coupon Beat and Katie over at Sunday Coupon Inserts, and I also like Florida Coupon Clipping and The Coupon Clippers. Commenters, do you have any other suggestions?
4. Stephanie wants to know: I’m fairly new to couponing and am learning the lingo and what works for me. I look through the ads every week, get my coupon binder and match everything I need/want. The only thing I have not been able to find is the tearpad coupons. Are they in a specific area of the store, are they mailed inserts, behind the customer counter?
Michelle: My store often has the tearpads behind the customer service desk because of abuse. There are a few folks who think it is ok to pull an entire tearpad and sell them on ebay. Typically, you will find them on cardboard standees or on the shelf right near the products.
Christy: Tearpads are pretty hit or miss – usually if you find one it is attached to the shelf near the item in question. Some people never find tearpad coupons and some people find them all the time – it just depends on your store and whether or not there are a lot of couponers in your area. Good luck!
5. Stacie wants to know: I recently tried to use the coupon from the yellow flyer that states “free Welch’s jelly or jam wyb 2 Welch’s juices”. I was buying 2 of the 100% juices that are BOGO this week and the jelly and was also using 2 $1/1 coupons for the juices. Both coupons ($1/1 and free jelly) are mq so the cashier and manager said I could not use these together as the free jelly coupon attaches to all 3 items. I know I have used similar coupons such as a BOGO q and $1/1 coupon together with no problem many times in the past.
I was wondering if this was a problem with this particular coupon? Is it coded differently to attach to all 3 products and if so how do I know when this is the case before I get to checkout? Or is this something new others have been experiencing as well? I did have another similar experience recently at a different store with the $1 off eggs wyb 2 Kellogg’s cereals coupon where they also said this coupon attached to all 3 and I couldn’t use another coupon on the cereal.
Christy: Deals like these will vary store by store – if your store is interpreting the free jam coupon as attaching to all 3 items, then you have to go by what they say…and at that point, you need to decide whether or not the deal is worth it to you without the free jam and/or without the $2 off the juice coupon.
Michelle: Yep…different stores will interpret coupons differently. It is hard to argue right or wrong in this scenario as there are no cut and dry coupon rules.
I hope our answers to these questions were helpful! Make sure you ‘tune in’ next week for even more Q&A with I Heart Publix. If you have a question you’d like to see answered, email me at [email protected]