This post is sponsored by Pinnacle Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
Need a recipe that's easy on your budget? I have the perfect recipe that's super easy and doesn't require very many ingredients—Sun-Drenched Italian Pasta Salad. You can serve this pasta salad right after you make it or even prepare it ahead of time and then pop it in the refrigerator and then serve it chilled.
I absolutely LOVE pasta salads in the summer and probably make one at least once per week. Generally I'll serve it for dinner and then enjoy the leftovers for lunch. I prefer to do a chilled salad as I think they are a little better suited for the season AND I like being able to make them at my convenience. That way I can just pull dinner out when my crew gets hungry and it's ready even on a busy night.
Now a pasta salad doesn't have to be fancy. You just need pasta, some veggies and a tasty dressing. Wish-Bone® Italian is my favorite for most pasta salads as it's the perfect taste that helps to marry all the flavors and make everything taste great! Wish-Bone® Italian dressing offer a bold, full-flavored dressing that's packed full of herbs and seasonings for an extra zesty boost of flavor.
Of course if you want to kick things up a notch you can always try any of the Wish-Bone® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressings in your pasta salad. These new dressings combine the goodness of extra virgin olive oil with balanced vinegars and Wish-Bone's signature blend of herbs and spices. There’s nothing else like it in the salad dressing aisle. These better for you dressings offer great taste with the known benefits of extra virgin olive oil that you can feel good about.
Look for these five chef inspired flavors when you shop at Publix -
- E.V.O.O. Garlic Basil Italian Dressing
- E.V.O.O. Lemon Herb Dressing
- E.V.O.O. Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- E.V.O.O. Sundried Tomato Dressing
- E.V.O.O. Caesar Vinaigrette Dressing
When you need a quick and tasty recipe, grab a few ingredients and try this Sun-Drenched Italian Pasta Salad. It's easy and delicious and the perfect summertime recipe that your whole family will enjoy!
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 medium red, yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves [or parsley]
- ⅓ cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- Cook bow ties according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
- Combine bow ties, red pepper, tomatoes and basil in large bowl. Add Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing; toss well. Sprinkle, if desired, with Parmesan cheese. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
For many of the recipes on the Wish-Bone site, you can substitute other Wish-Bone® dressings for terrific results! The best substitutions are called out on the recipe page on the Wish-Bone® website, just look for the options at the bottom of the recipe.