This post is sponsored by KRAFT. All comments and opinions are my own.
Easter is this weekend. Soon we will be surrounded by lots of friends and family that have gathered to celebrate the holiday.
All of our Easter celebrations always include lots of tasty foods and of course an egg hunt for the little ones. My boys aren't exactly little but they still get in on the fun! I love to help add to the excitement of the day with fun holiday-themed foods like the Chocolate Cheesecake Easter Dirt Cups that you see above.
Kids and adults alike all enjoy this tasty treat. You get amazing taste in a fun presentation that makes everyone happy!
The best part is that it's a super simple recipe. You don't have to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen to have lots of tasty treats ready in a flash. Perfectly portable and a great option to enjoy outdoors after the egg hunt. Simply pass out the cups and offer everyone a spoon, then watch the smiles light up!
You can get everything you need at Publix. Pick up a couple of tubs of COOL WHIP and a few additional ingredients so you can serve up some fun this holiday!
You'll notice that my recipe uses the limited edition COOL WHIP Cheesecake variety. Be sure to grab this tasty whipped topping while it's available. It's perfect for all your favorite recipes and can be great to use for an easy snack or dessert. Use it as a dip with fresh fruit or as a topping for your pancakes, french toast or even sandwiched between your favorite cookies.
- 1 package OREO cookies, crushed
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3½ cups milk
- 2 packages (3.4 oz) JELL-O Chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tubs (8 oz) COOL WHIP Topping, Cheesecake Flavor
- Marshmallow Bunnies
- Orange Candy Melts
- Edible Easter Grass
- Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes until smooth. Pudding will be thick.
- Fold the COOL WHIP topping into the pudding and then gently add that to the cream cheese mixture, folding to combine.
- To assemble the dirt cups, add a little of the crushed OREO cookies to the bottom of a cup and top with some of the pudding mixture. Top with additional crushed cookies, a carrot top and a marshmallow bunny.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pipe a mound onto wax paper and add a couple of pieces of edible Easter grass to the top to resemble a carrot. Chill until set.