Right now you can get 50% off all Hunt’s® Tomatoes, sauce, puree, and paste AND all Rotel®. The sale runs now thought 10/28 (10/27 for some) at Publix. In addition to the discount, we have an awesome new coupon that will help you make your favorite recipes at a phenomenal price.
Check out these deals that you can grab thanks to the sale and coupon. You really can’t beat these prices, so be sure and print you coupon and pick up your favorites when you shop this week at Publix.
Hunt’s Tomatoes or Tomato Sauce or Paste, Assorted Varieties, 6 to 33.5 oz, 50% Off
-$0.40/3 Hunt’s Tomatoes, 09/21 SS (exp 11/2) [14.5-oz. +]
-$1/4 Hunt’s Canned Tomatoes, Any 14.5 Oz. Or Larger – 09-21-14 SS (exp 11/2/2014)
-$1.50 off any fresh chicken wyb 4 Hunt’s 14.5 oz or Rotel products 10 oz
The 14.5 oz cans of Hunt’s Tomatoes are around 27¢ per can if you are buying chicken too (Rotel will be about 29¢ each with your chicken purchase!)
You guys know that Hunt’s® Tomatoes are available in a number of varieties and flavors at Publix. You can pick up diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, stewed tomatoes and flavors including Original, Basil-Garlic-Oregano, Fire Roasted, Rosemary & Oregano, and Spicy Red Pepper. Plus, No Salt Added options are also available. Remember, Hunt’s® Tomatoes are 100% natural with no artificial preservatives and go from the field to the canning process in only 10 hours. Hunt’s tomatoes are peeled with Flashsteam™ meaning the tomatoes are peeled using only steam from water.
Want to add a little kick to your favorite recipes? Add some Rotel® to your shopping list too…we LOVE these tomatoes at my house–yum!! Rotel® is made with the richness of fresh vine-ripened tomatoes blended with select green chilies and a savory mixture of secret spices. Rotel® is available at Publix in many varieties such as Original, Mild, Hot, Tomato & Green Chili, Chunky and Chili Fixin. You really can’t go wrong with any of them…I keep a big selection in my pantry and just choose based on my mood.
I use a ton of canned tomatoes so I am always happy to stock up when I can. Soup, chili and stew season is right around the corner so be sure and grab what you will use while you can get it at a fantastic price. Once you’ve stocked up, try this recipe and come back and let me know what you think. My guys all LOVED it!
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta, uncooked (8 oz = 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup soft cream cheese spread
- ⅓ cup refrigerated basil pesto
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and adding broccoli last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Add undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
- Simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F).
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add cream cheese to sauce remaining in skillet; stir until cream cheese is melted completely.
- Stir in pesto; simmer 2 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Drain pasta. Add to skillet; mix lightly.
- Serve chicken with pasta mixture.
This post is brought to you by the folks at ConAgra.