I know you guys are gearing up for a long weekend and many of you will be hosting get togethers. Whether it's a football extravaganza or just a shindig to celebrate having the day off...you are going to need some food to feed all those folks!
I have a fantastic recipe that I think you'll love - Wright® Brand Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Peppers.
They are great because I can prep them ahead of time and then my husband will grill them up when the guests arrive. Who can turn down a delicious pepper that's oozing with melting cheese and wrapped in delicious Wright® Brand Bacon. Oh my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I made a small batch earlier in the week as a test run just to make sure that my husband would be ok grilling them. They turned out great and I know my guest are going to love them!
Now if you have ever made bacon wrapped peppers before you know the bacon that you use is very important. A thin bacon is useless. While it will wrap around the pepper, it will shrivel to nothing once it cooks. If you actually want to taste the bacon, you are going to need the bigger, better bacon - that's Wright® Brand Bacon!
Wright® Brand Bacon gives you bigger, thicker slices. You get a heartier, more robust flavor. It’s everything you love about bacon ... only better. I mean everything is better with bacon, right? If I could I'd probably wrap everything in bacon 😉
Right now you can pick up a great deal with the big $2 coupon in the Publix Advantage Buy flyer. Pick up a big pack of bacon and whip up a tasty treat that all your guests will love!
Wright Brand Bacon, 1.5 to 3 lb, $8.99 +
-$2/1 Wright Brand Bacon, 1.5 to 3 lb Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Gametime Deals” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 8/29 to 9/18)
$6.99 for a pound and a half of bacon - nice deal!
Grab your coupon and then head in to Publix to save $2 on your favorite variety. If you are feeding a big crew, you might opt for the big three pound pack. Don't worry if you can't use it all at once. The bacon is in a resealable package so you can whip up some peppers and then have bacon with your breakfast later in the week!
- 6 slices Wright® Brand Naturally Smoked Peppered Bacon
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, stem portion removed, deseeded completely
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- To taste salt and black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove jalapeno stems, cutting away the very top of the pepper. This allows for easy removal of the seeds.
- In a bowl, combine cream-cheese mixture, cheddar cheese, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper. Gently fill hollowed jalapenos with cream-cheese mixture.
- Place a small piece of bacon over the exposed portion of the jalapeno. Tightly wrap each filled jalapeno securing the filling inside. Use a toothpick for added stability.
- Cook peppers on preheated outdoor grill and finish in a 350°F oven if needed.
For more information on Wright® Brand Bacon visit their website or follow @WrightBacon on Twitter.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Tyson Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.