Coupon Question And Answer – Ask I Heart Publix 10/23

October 23, 2013

Publix QA 2 Coupon Question And Answer   Ask I Heart Publix 10/23
If you have a question about couponing at Publix, this is the place to find the answer! Each week my buddy Christy and I have a little coupon question and answer session here on Ask I Heart Publix. Keep sending in those questions – we love to answer them! Just remember if we didn’t get to your question this week…we will do our best to cover it another week!!

Remember–there is a tab at the top of the site under “About” titled “Ask I Heart Publix” where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!

Here are this week’s questions:

1. How does the Publix Promise work with BOGO items?
  2. How many items from a BOGO pair count toward your order total for an $X/$XX coupon?
  3. Can I double dip on the rebate deals that are going on right now?
  4. Can I use a paper coupon and a Upromise eCoupon on a single item?
  5. Why can’t I load a Upromise One or Many Offer that is still valid to my card?

And here are the answers!

1.Astrid wants to know: I know that if an item rings up incorrectly, you get the first item free and the remaining items at the lower price.  Do you know what happens if the item is on sale B1G1 and it rings up at the wrong price?

Michelle: You know I am not sure. I would assume in True BOGO you would get the first one free and then the second would ring up at $0 (so both free). In half price BOGO you would just get the first one free and pay half price for the 2nd item. Maybe one of the commenters knows for sure?

Christy: I meant to ask my customer service desk about this the last time I shopped – but I forgot. Oops! I’m hoping the commenters will have an answer for us too icon smile Coupon Question And Answer   Ask I Heart Publix 10/23

2. Rob  wants to know: I live in Florida and was wondering how BOGO items work with $X/$XX coupons. If something is BOGO $5, do I count $5 or $10 as my “total order amount” for that kind of coupon?

No matter where you live, you can only count the “sale price” of an item toward your total order amount. In Florida, even though the second item of a BOGO pair rings up on the receipt, it rings up as $0 after sale discount – so in my opinion you can’t count it toward your order total.

Think of it like this: if an item is regularly $5 but on sale for $3.50 this week, you can only count $3.50 toward your order total if you buy it when it’s on sale. It’s the same principle when a BOGO item is on sale in Florida – the price of the first item is the “sale” price and the second item is effectively $0.

3. Kelly S wants to know: I read in the comments that someone was going to try to double dip on the Pink Cookware and the Running Out, Run In rebates. I know that a lot of the same items are included in the rebate offers – but how is that even possible? Don’t you need an original receipt for both rebates?

Christy: I’m not sure how it would be possible to double dip on those rebates. Like you say, I believe you need an original receipt for both rebates, so I would say that double dipping would not be possible.

Michelle: I think they are able to upload the Pink Cookware receipt and then mail in that receipt for the Running Out Rebate. I am too chicken to mess with rebates. The companies can be very funny and one mistake may mean that you may be ineligible for the rebate. If you read all the requirements of both and you are willing to give it a shot, you indeed may be able to double dip. It’s not something I would post here on the site because I would feel terrible if I were the cause of a bunch of folks not qualifying for a rebate.

4.  Becky wants to know: I just started using Upromise, and I’m wondering if I can redeem a Upromise eCoupon along with a manufacturer’s coupon on a single item.

Christy: You’ll notice in the ad matchups that Upromise eCoupons are colored red and Upromise One or Many offers are colored blue. Upromise eCoupons are the equivalent of a manufacturer’s coupon, and you can only earn your cash back on the item in question if you don’t redeem a paper or digital coupon for it at the register.

One or Many offers are a different story – they are cash back offers when you spend a certain dollar threshold and you CAN use paper or digital coupons on them and still get your cash back.

Michelle: I am going to disagree with Christy on this one and say that you can get cash back from Upromise and use a paper coupon at the register on one item. The Upromise coupons are coded blue to show that this is a discount in addition to other coupons. Like ibotta, Upromise gives you cash back and does not discount an item at checkout. Is this the right answer…I honestly don’t know. I have looked all over the Upromise site and could not find this question addressed. Let me know if I missed it. I have always used coupons with Upromise and never had issues getting my deposit.

5. Jared wants to know: I noticed in the matchups for the new Health & Beauty Advantage Buy flyer that there is a Upromise One or Many Offer that is no longer available, but that doesn’t expire until 10/30. Why can’t I load that offer to my Upromise account?

Christy: I’ve noticed that that has happened for a few of the Upromise One or Many offers. I would assume that Upromise has a limit on the number of offers that can be redeemed – so once that number of users have loaded the offer to their Upromise accounts, the offer is “gone” even though it’s not expired.

Michelle: Yep, I would think that they pull it once their limit has been reached. I try to list as many of the coupons and offers as possible. If you see something that strikes your fancy, load it while you can. I always load all of the Upromise offers…you never know when a deal might pop up. It’s also easier for me to do it all at once rather than try to remember to go back to the Upromise site several times a month.

I hope our answers to these questions were helpful! Make sure you ‘tune in’ next week for even more Q&A with I Heart Publix. We are really running low on questions to answer, so if you have a question you’d like to see answered, PLEASE send it in!! Just email me at contactiheartpublix@gmail.com.

Comments

21 Responses to “Coupon Question And Answer – Ask I Heart Publix 10/23”
  1. Carly says:

RORI rebate required a copy of receipt. They track by receipt number. I did the diaper deal to double up.

2. lynn says:

with becky’s upromise question, the upromise ” ecoupon” does not redeem at the register, so you can use paper or digital coupons on these items with no problem. the upromise coupons are redeemed into your upromise account when that item is purhased. so the upromise coupon has no effect on your total on the register.

jared’s question. i learned the hard way that if you have a saving star account and a upromise account that both of them are managed by the same people and so if they both offer the same coupons and you pick one from one site and you go to pick it on the other it will “disappear”. these are my exprieces i hope they help you.

3. Judy says:

I’m not sure I understand the concept of “double-dipping” (duh!), but…

I believe you can ask the Publix Cashier, at Checkout, for a “duplicate receipt”. She pushes a button, and a copy is printed.

Be sure to ask before the transaction is closed… though she or customer service might be able to produce one after (perhaps, based on the transaction number).

I did that once or twice when I needed the same receipt for 2 different rebates.

4. D says:

Upromise – Everything I’ve bought with coupons will still show up as Upromise credits, but it takes about a week. Specifically the $1/4 Progresso Soup last month – I used 2 of the 50c/2 coupons & still received the $1 Upromise credit.

• amybeth says:

D is “on the money,” if you’ll pardon the expression. When I was mostly into uPromise I did this all the time with no problem.

Lynn, who posted previously, is absolutely right about SavingStar and uPromise. I sure wish Publix would get on board with SavingStar – when/if that happens I will dance in the streets because SavingStar is more useful in terms of a quick cashout than uPromise is!

5. wendyc33 says:

I know this may not be the right place for this comment,but i had an incident last week at my publix where a cashier did not scan a few of my coupons. They were high value comp. Winn dixie coupons, and I noticed this before i left. Always check your receipts. Usually for a small amount i would not care as much, but when you give them to her and she dont scan them it bothers me. So i went to customer service desk and told them about the problem. He went over to the cashier and asked her and then proceeded to check her coupon bag, and she said she didnt get those coupons. Well I know she did, and it got me thinking about maybe she pocketed those coupons for herself. Just be aware of your receipts or maybe add up your coupons and see if it matches. The good news is they did refund me the amount or probally more for the coupons. I do love my Publix, but i think this cashier was dishonest.

• Amy Letourneau says:

Are you in Orlando by any chance? I had the same thing happen two weeks ago. The cashier asked me for my coupons while I was unloading my cart which is not the norm but I gave them to her. When I got home I checked my receipt and saw she had not deducted my $5 Winn Dixie coupon and another Winn Dixie for $2 off meat. I could have kicked myself for not checking immediately but was able to get the money back the following week at the service desk. I will never check out with this cashier again and will be sure to check my receipt before I leave.

• lynn says:

i always add up how many coupons i have and the total $$ amount of my coupons ex: 12 @ 13.75 and make sure that is what is on my reciept. i do like to give them my coupons while i am not looking. i have a couple of coupons not ring up for whatever reason and it is very frustrating i know.

6. Wendi says:

#4 and #5 questions above don’t match up with the actual questions and answers below! I really wanted to know how to unclip a digital coupon. Bummer! If anyone knows, please share!

• Christy says:

Uh-oh, it looks like something went wonky with our top questions this week. What you were seeing were the questions from the 10/9 Ask I Heart Publix…which can be found here. Got it fixed, thanks! :)

7. Judy says:

Re: Incorrect price & BOGO

I am in FL and had this happen. If I recall correctly, I was given the first item free… and the rest (that I actually paid for) were given to me at a reduced price. Of course the free items of the BOGO deal were, still, free.

I think, in a half-price BOGO, the first item would be free and all the others would be at a reduced price… I think the going rate is 10% (reduction). (They, definitely, were NOT half off… but I’m in FL where not much is fair. lol.)

I remember, clearly, there was quite a fiasco, at Customer Service, about how the situation should be handled. Maybe Publix should make that clearer – to everyone.

• Judy says:

SCRATCH MY WHOLE ANSWER ABOVE! Because, now that I’m thinking about it —

I returned ALL of the items, just minutes after they made an adjustment, except for the first BOGO deal, because I couldn’t figure out exactly what they had done & was I was paying for. Because I was feeling “screwed”, I returned all but that first deal. I had groceries melting, it had already taken so much time (for discussion about how to handle it), that I just couldn’t take any more time to figure out what was done.

I think I do remember something mentioned about “half price”… like I’d get the first one free and pay half price for all the others, including that first BOGO freebie. I’ve gotten ones free and the other items 10% off in regular deals (non-BOGOs), but this transaction puzzled me. I remember thinking, when they first stated the solution, I’d do better with 10% off the items I actually paid for (in a BOGO)… But, I didn’t have time to do the math, nor can I think after a long day shopping. {I’m chronically ill & get tires quickly.)

So… Sorry about my first answer. I may think about it more and decide something else really happened… But I won’t write about it… (be relieved). ;) Good question. I’m going to do some math and figure out what would make me feel best in these situations.

• Sue says:

I retired from Publix and I had the pleasure of training cashiers and one of the things I went over and over until it could be repeated back to me was the Publix Promise.

“If any item scans MORE THAN the posted price (shelf tag for non sale item, or sale sign/BOGO) The FIRST one is free. Any additional items are to be rung up at the reduced price.”

**Using 4 like items for my example**

In the land of true BOGO
      BOGO item that does not ring up BOGO-will be voided off the receipt and rung as TWO FREE because the second item should be free to begin with. Any other like items would be rung up as BOGO.(First 2 items are free and the second 2 are bogo)

SALE SIGN/SHELF TAG item–First item FREE and the rest rung up at sale price. (1 free and 3 at sale price/shelf tag.)

####Where bogo is half price it gets a little trickier. The first item is free and the second is rung up at half price. The rest are rung up at bogo price. (First one free and 3 rung up as half price.)

Cashiers are fortunate that it doesn’t happen often. We have some awesome programmers. :D So some cashiers forget how to correct the mistake. Stay calm and call for asistance from a Manager/Customer Service. Hope this helps.

8. Jenn says:

At my store in Central Florida, anything that rings up incorrectly you get for free, bogo’s included.

9. Jacqueline D. says:

My Florida stores (in Orlando and now Tampa) have always given both items free if a BOGO rang up incorrectly. I’ve never had it happen with like six BOGO deals, where I had 12 items, but I have numerous times had ONE bogo deal ring up incorrectly, and be given BOTH items free. In fact I just had this happen with Colgate toothpaste yesterday. I went to customer service and they refunded the price of both items to me.

10. Bailey says:

I had the Publix Promise issue recently when I was buying multiples of a bogo item. I had six of the same item & when the first one rang up wrong the CS person gave me the first two free (one for the Publix Promise & one for the bogo) then rang the rest of them up at the adjusted price. I ended up getting 4 for free & paid the adjusted price for 2.

11. Pam Jordan says:

I think their promise of correct or free is huge of them to do. I actually had several items of a product that the first one rang up incorrectly and they gave them all free to me. But even if it had been just one. What a way to show customer service.

12. Linda says:

I double dipped on the rebates. I submitted the P&G cookware rebate by email and just mailed out the running out run in rebate. I have already received a email saying my cookware has been shipped using FedEx. I submitted the rebate just a few days ago.