August 15, 2013
Products for this recipe sponsored by Good Cook
As you guys might have read in my other posts we are living in between states right now. Since our house is not ready, I am stuck with a less than ideal kitchen at the moment. I only have a small 2 burner cooktop and a convection microwave. Rather than spend a bunch of money eating out every night I am making this tiny kitchen work!
I can still whip up some fantastic meals including the the one I am sharing with you guys today – Sweet & Sour Meatballs.
This recipe is very easy to put together and is packed with flavor. I can whip up a batch of homemade meatballs in about 5 minute or so…but you guys can also use the Armour Meatballs that are BOGO this week at Publix and skip one step. Since this recipe calls for very few ingredients this is a very budget friendly option.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1.25 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup of Milk
- ¾ Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- Combine all ingredients by hand – mixing well.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Place on shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes – turning once about half way through the cook time.
- Remove to paper lined plate to drain.
- Place vinegar, pineapple juice, sugars, ketchup and soy sauce into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Mix corn starch and water and pour into boiling mixture.
- Cook for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Serve sauce over meatballs.
You can grab some of the Armour Meatballs to save some time or just use ingredients from your pantry. This is one of my favorite “cooking from the pantry” meals. Super simple and oh so good!
Armour Meatballs, 14 oz, BOGO $4.99
- Measuring Cup
- Chrome Whisk 10?
- Measuring Spoons
- 3 piece Mixing Bowl
- CUTTING BOARD, PLASTIC 10? X 15?
- Cast Iron 11.5? skillet
Don’t forget, Publix carries a huge variety of Good Cook products. You can find a large selection of tools and cookware throughout the store. You can find everything you need when you shop for your recipe ingredients.