Menu Plan 1/8 – What’s For Dinner?

January 8, 2013

Menu Plan 1/8   Whats For Dinner?With the new year, I came up with a couple of goals as related to the food I serve my guys. First, I am going to do my best to try at least three new recipes each month. I know that sounds easy…but it really can be a pain.

I try to find things that will appeal to everyone. With that fabulous price on ham, I am going to do a new to me casserole. It’s simple but I think my guys will like it.

My other goal is to add in more salads. Everyone at my house except my little Jeb-a-doo loves a good salad. They are super simple and can be easy on the ol’ waistline so I am going to try to do at least one big dinner salad every week. Jeb will end up having a deconstructed salad and will not be thrilled…but he’ll survive. I am actually going to whip up two salads this week.

Monday
Pizza (big game night at my house – nothing else would do. I think I can still hear my husband yelling “Roll Tide” – tee hee!)

Tuesday
Grilled Chicken Dinner Salad

Wednesday
Caramel Pork & Apples
Broccoli Rice Casserole

Thursday
Macaroni Cheese & Ham Casserole
Side Salad

Friday
Shrimp & Pasta Primavera

Sunday
Asian Steak Salad

What’s on your menu plan this week? Share your menu or even your favorite recipe.

Comments

7 Responses to “Menu Plan 1/8 – What’s For Dinner?”
  1. Kristin says:

I bought a huge turkey at Publix this weekend – .79/lb. So I am doing Turkey/Stuffing (stovetop from my stash)/green beans. Then my favorite Turkey leftover recipe – Turkey enchiladas with a salad. Then hoping to make a big pot of Ham and Redskin potato chowder for the weekend – I think the strawberry kiwi muffins from Amanda might make it on the menu with the chowder. (I especially like that they can be frozen – so I can make a batch and save some for a later date). I am also looking at breakfast for Dinner on Sunday – I have a ton of sausage packages taking up room in my freezer – most are low fat, so that would probably be a good choice after Turkey/stuffing and chowder.

2. Amy says:

Not sure what order but this is what I’ve planned:

Tacos, Mexican Rice and black beans
    Chicken Parmesan over spaghetti noodles, salad, garlic rolls
    Grilled ribeyes, baked sweet potatos, broccoli & cheese, Crescent rolls

Tonight is turkey pot pie with leftover turkey, a big tub of turkey gravy I got for .99 cents at Kroger and a super cheap bag of mixed veggies I got at Publix.
    I’ve also been eyeing a new recipe that PW just posted.
    I’m so mesmerized by the pics that I can’t stop looking. I could eat squash every day. (Kale too) But I’d have to make something different for the 2 carnivores..they wouldn’t even TRY this, Im sure. :P

• Michelle says:

Oh you know I have a thing for Kale…
      and butternut squash – oh my!

I am thinking a casserole using those and maybe some tiny pasta…holy moly I may come up with a new recipe!! Kinda like a butternut kale risotto…ok – I am drooling.

• Amy says:

Yeah, I finally just cracked and wrote down Butternut squash and kale on my grocery list…I decided I have to have those quesadillas!! That risotto idea sounds darn good too. ;)

3. Lana says:

I serve a salad along with dinner most every night. My 21 year old is salad resistant but always starving while I am cooking so I just tell her to go ahead and eat her salad and she eats every bit of it. When my 5 were growing up I kind of ignored them if they were sneaking parts of their salad before dinner was ready. :)

4. Tiffany says:

Mmmm…. I’m putting the broccoli rice casserole on my next menu plan. I haven’t has that in ages!

5. Cindy Lou says:

Tell your husband “ROLL TIDE” !