January 16, 2013
On Friday we will get a new batch of Publix coupons from the Best Meals Happen at Home program. These coupons require Java to print and I am sure most of you have heard that Java has had a few issues lately.
My husband is the tech geek in the family so he keeps our computers up to date and deals with all of the networking and printing issues. I think it was late last week or maybe this past weekend that I suddenly wasn’t able to print from RedPlum, SmartSource or Coupon Network! Of course, I had no idea about the Java issues – I just told him that I had issues and to fix them…QUICK! You guys know that I have to have my coupons!
He did a little digging and found that there was a security flaw causing a vulnerability in Java 7. Since then, the Java 7 Update 11 was released which hopefully addresses the vulnerability.
Some of you guys may have no clue about all of this as your computers may be set up for automatic updates. However, some of you will have to click a few buttons to get back up and running. Updates are typically very simple so most of you should be able to get back on track. Now, I am not a tech person and really can’t give any specific help or make any recommendations for your specific computer/situation. When in doubt, grab a tech friend to help you with the process . You can find details on installations, FAQs and help on the Java website.
I will tell you guys that my husband ended up removing Java 7 from our machines and installing Java 6 instead. My laptop would not print even after the update, since Java version 6 doesn’t seem to be impacted by the vulnerability, this was our best option. Note: not making a suggestion just sharing what worked for us
Here are some tips so you will be ready for the new batch of Best Meals Happen at Home coupons:
- There’s a new Java update available that needs to be installed in order to print our weekly coupons.
- Some consumers may have found that Java already updated automatically on their computer but others may need to perform the update on their own.
- Consumers can go HERE to determine if they have the latest version of Java and perform a quick and easy update if need be.
- Updating your version of Java will also ensure you can access and use many popular photo sharing and gaming websites.
- New coupons will be available this Friday January 18th so please be sure to check that your system is up-to-date before then.