“Snack”urday Recipe – Are You Kidding Cake

August 18, 2012

AreYouKiddingCake copy Snackurday Recipe   Are You Kidding Cake
Amanda over at A Few Short Cuts has a “Snack”urday recipe for you guys today that may be on of the easiest desserts I have ever seen.

Today she shares an Are You Kidding Cake. This cake requires a box cake mix, pie filling and 3 eggs. Talk about simple! Amanda says that this cake is fluffy and moist.

Have any of you guys made this cake before? If so what combination did you go with? I am thinking a cherry vanilla cake sounds just delicious! Maybe a chocolate blueberry cake?? Head over and check out the recipe.

Comments

6 Responses to ““Snack”urday Recipe – Are You Kidding Cake”
  1. Mary says:

Spice cake and apple pie filling!! it’s happening tonight!

2. Michelle says:

I can’t remember where I saw the recipe, might of been Hungry Girl or Weight Watchers…that called for chocolate cake mix and a can of fat free refried black beans…that was it! lol have yet to try it out though.

3. barb says:

what size pie filling?

• Donna Turner says:

I was wondering that too – usually the pie filling cans are 21 oz. (1 lb. 5 oz.) it sounds like alot but maybe that’s it.

4. Peg says:

I used a 21 ounce can. It took a little over 35 minutes to cook – maybe my oven is slow – the cake is good for a very quick to prepare cake.

5. Suz says:

My 7 year old made this with the apple pie filling and spice cake tonight. Yum!!!
    Everyone loved it and my son requested it for breakfast tomorrow morning :)
    The batter was really thick, but it baked up
    light and fluffy. We topped it with a bit of powdered sugar.

This flavor combo made it feel and smell like fall even though it’s 94 degrees outside. My next combo is going to be chocolate/cherry.
    Hope y’all enjoy yours as much as we did!