Decorate A Mother’s Day Cake At Publix 5/12 – 5/13

May 11, 2012

Screen Shot 2012 05 11 at 10.00.21 AM Decorate A Mothers Day Cake At Publix 5/12   5/13

Since I mentioned the cake decorating in the previous post I thought I would give you guys the scoop in case you wanted to give (or get) a treat!

Saturday and Sunday from 10 am – 4 pm (5/12 & 5/13) kids can stop by and decorate their own 8″ heart shaped Publix bakery cake for $7.99. Publix provides all the materials – you just supply the creativity! In the past, my store has had a big table and display set up near the bakery. It will be hard to miss.

My boys love to help me decorate so I may send my husband on an errand on Saturday so I will get  a special treat for Mother’s Day. Hopefully I  will also get that Mother’s Day booklet too icon wink Decorate A Mothers Day Cake At Publix 5/12   5/13

Comments

10 Responses to “Decorate A Mother’s Day Cake At Publix 5/12 – 5/13”
  1. Lori says:

My son did this through school for $6 and I got it yesterday. It came with a card and on the back of the card was $6 worth of Publix coupons!!! $1 off a $1 bakery purchase, $2 off a $2 fresh fruit purchase and $3 off a $25 purchase.

2. Nora-Lee says:

Is this at all the Publix stores?

3. Jessica says:

I wonder if we can use the $2 bakery coupon here in Florida on these.

4. Cheryl says:

I am a teacher and my school participates in this as a fundraiser. They charge $6.50 and the school makes $1.50 per cake sold. I am surprised they charge 7.99 in the store because I always felt like 6.50 was kind of overpriced for what you get. Local Publix employees came and help the students decorate it with sprinkles and cheap plastic accessories. An employee writes a message in icing for the kid. I guess it’s fun, but the downside is that the cake is shipped in previously frozen, and low quality compared to what you normally expect from Publix. The icing is just whipped topping, not the amazing frosting like you normally get from the Publix bakery. It is like getting a run of the mill cake, buyer beware that you are paying for the experience and not the quality. It did come with some coupons so if you think you will use the coupons I guess it all comes out in the wash.

• Lori says:

My cake was yummy. It tasted like the 6 pack cupcakes. We had no problem finishing it!

• Cheryl says:

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I just wanted people to know that for a small $8 cake you are not getting the best kind of cake Publix has to offer. They sell everything from low quality that you can get anywhere, to real bakery quality. This is the lower end.

I guess I am spoiled from the higher quality Publix cakes that have the better frosting and aren’t frozen. All of my co workers who have tried the cake they sell for kids to decorate on Mother’s Day agreed with me.

I would just as soon make a boxed cake and frosting from scratch from deals on couponing.