March 8, 2012
A busy weeknight doesn’t have to mean fast food for dinner! Publix knows that the best meals happen at home, so they are excited to help you enjoy family mealtime without having to stress about what to prepare or spending hours in the kitchen. Stop by Publix during their “Best Meals Happen at Home” event to find great savings on some of your favorite products. Be sure to visit BestMealsatHome.com to find fantastic recipes, which can be cooked in 30 minutes or less, and your family is sure to love.
You guys already know about the great Publix coupons that will be valid through March 18th. You can find them in the weekly ad and on display in store.
Also, be sure and visit BestMealsatHome.com to sign up and receive emails with weekly recipes and coupon offers that will help you save up to $200 this year! Wow – I can dig an additional $200 of savings!
To kick-off the great savings and enjoy valuable time around the dinner table with your family, check out this awesome recipe that you can find at BestMealsatHome.com, which uses Progresso Lemon Pepper Crispy Bread Crumbs and Old El Paso Flour Tortillas:
Prep time: 20 Min
Start to Finish: 20 Min
Makes: 5 servings (2 tacos each)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Progresso® Lemon Pepper Panko Crispy Bread Crumbs
- 1 lb white fish fillets (such as tilapia or catfish)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 Old El Paso® Flour Tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from 8.2-oz package)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped if desired
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- In shallow dish, place flour. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Coat fish with flour. Dip into egg mixture; coat well with bread crumbs.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fish; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut into 30 bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package. In medium bowl, mix avocado, tomato and lemon juice. Stir in cilantro and jalapeño chile.
- Fill tortillas with fish, avocado mixture and lettuce. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Oven Method Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Follow step 1 above. Place fish in baking dish; drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Continue as directed in recipe.
I love how quick and easy this one is and that most of the items are on sale right now at Publix!
Entry is simple! You just need to complete the task below! You can gain up to 2 bonus entries as well (just make sure that you leave one entry for each one — up to a total of 3 comments.) As a reminder, comments left on Facebook, Twitter or other posts will not be included. I will choose the winner on Monday 3/12 at 11 pm.
- Tell me your family’s favorite meal that you will prepare with products purchased at “The Best Meals Happen at Home” Publix event.
- Follow I Heart Publix on a reader or via e-mail updates.
- Follow I Heart Publix on Facebook & Twitter
Disclosure: The Publix gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.