February 27, 2010
I currently have eleven emails in my inbox from readers who asked where to start on the site and how to start saving money at Pubix. Instead of answering each person individually I thought it more appropriate to post for all to read.
How to use this site? I list as many deals as I can find, as many booklets that are reported, sweepstakes, contests and anything else that find to help you save money and get a great deal! I add new content constantly but here is the general schedule that I follow:
- Sneak peek of the ad is posted (provided that I have it )
- Fairhope Foodie Recipes
- Dollar Deals
- Super Deals that correlate with sneak peek (The Super Deals are the absolute best deals from the ad)
- Fairhope Foodie Menu
- Grocery Spreadsheet Available
- Tide You Over Tuesday
- Competitor Coupons (I try to post the Food Lion Internet Printables, Harveys, Whole Foods and Albertsons coupons that are available)
- Publix Penny Pincher Recipes
- Publix Rebate Roundup
- Coupon Insert Preview
- Restaurant Roundup
- Weekly Meal Deal
- Weekly Totals
How to navigate the site? There are various features that will make the site easier to navigate–Tabs at the top of the site:
- Advantage Buy Flyers Tab–Click this tab to get access to the current Yellow and Green Advantage Buy Flyers. These are sales that last for approximately a month and are in addition to the weekly sales ad.
- Basics–Click this tab to decode all the lingo used on the site. I also have the quick change instructions on how to modify a Bricks link based on your browser.
- Booklets–Here is where you will find a compilation of all booklets that have been reported at Publix. Not all stores will have all booklets…but it is much easier to find a booklet if you know what you are looking for!!
- Dollar Deals–Here you will find an ongoing list of all the current deals that you can score for under a buck. These are deals that are in addition to the Super Deals posted each week.
- FAQ’s–This is where you find the general coupon policy and tips for Publix stores. You will also find the list of available publications available and links to sign up.
- FLIPs–This is a quick link to all the current Food Lion & Harveys printable coupons.
- Great Blogs–This is a list of other great bloggers who work hard to publish some great deals.
- Rebates–Here you will find a list of the current rebates available.
- Store Info–This is a compilation of information sent to me by readers listing their stores and policy (I have a bunch to add…so if you have sent me your store I promise I will get it listed ASAP!!)
- The Essentials–Here you will find the list of items that Publix has on sale. This list changes about once every month.
- Trades–this is where you can see what your fellow readers are looking to trade. You can add a request or reply to a reader by posting to the Wall (lower left sidebar)
- Weekly Ad–Here you will find quick links to the ad with matchups, the sneak peek, super deals and grocery spreadsheet(s)
Other ways to navigate the site:
- There is a search bar at the top left of the site. Looking for a recipe I posted?? You can use key words to search the site!
- The Categories listing on the left side of the site will take you to all the posts listed within a specific category. Want to see all the past penny items…just click and you will go to the archives all the penny items posts. Want to see the ads from previous weeks–click weekly ads and you will be able to choose the week to view!!
- Want to see deals at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Kroger and all the great deals at other stores and online?? On the top right sidebar is a link to my other site where I give you the scoop on all deals elsewhere!!
- Have a question–there is a Click to email me tab on the top right sidebar.
- The Grocery Spreadsheet is easily available by clicking the picture of the grocery list on the right sidebar!
The weekly ad post is simply the Atlanta region Publix ad typed with all possible coupon matches listed with each item. The Super Deals are a compilation of the best deals from the ad grouped together for easy viewing. I typically scan the ad for things that I might want to buy while paying attention to the coupons that go with the item. At Publix the BOGO’s (Buy One Get One Deals) are going to be some of the best deals available!! You are getting two items for the cost of one item! Now add the savings of a manufacturer coupon PER ITEM and you have a great deal!! Since Publix accepts competitor/store coupons to be used in conjunction with a manufacturer coupon –if you see an item that has a corresponding manufacturer coupon and a competitor/store coupon available you have a FANTASTIC deal!!
Here on my site I list all manufacturer coupons in red and the corresponding store (or competitor coupons) are listed in green. You can combine one manufacturer coupon with one store coupon (Publix or competitor) per item you purchase!!
Knorr Sides, Assorted Varieties, 4 to 6.4 oz pouch, BOGO $1.49
-$.55/2 Multiply Your Meals & Savings Booklet
-$.75/3; $.50/2; $1/3; $.60/2 Knorr Rice and Pasta Side Dishes any – 01-31-10 RP
Combine a MQ with the Publix Q for a great deal–I got the $.60/2 in my inserts so I will pay .17¢ per pouch after coupons!
Now you know what’s on sale and what coupons are available for each item that is on sale! You are ready to make your shopping list (or use the grocery spreadsheet), gather your coupons, shop and save BIG BUCKS!! Don’t forget to check out the Dollar Deals and the Advantage Buy Flyers to see if there are any ongoing deals that you want to take advantage of when you are making your list! I post the sneak peek on Monday so that you have plenty of time to prepare for your shopping trip to ensure you save as much money as possible!! The site is updated daily with anything that I can find to help you snag a great deal and save money!!!
I hope this has helped you understand how to use the site. Next week I will cover couponing & stockpiling and how these two concepts will help you cut your grocery spending dramatically!!