You guys know that I am always trying out new recipes. With the boys' crazy schedules, easy weeknight meals are a necessity at my house. I am pretty sure that you guys are in the same boat as I get lots of requests each week for ideas on what to do with all those deals that we get each week.
Today I thought I'd share a recipe that I call a weeknight wonder - One Skillet "BLT" Pasta. It's fast and easy...plus you can get all the ingredients at a great price at Publix. This one has pasta, Hunt's tomatoes and bacon - it's definitely a family friendly meal!
All of my guys went back for seconds. While the recipe was supposed to serve 6, I will tell you that my crew finished it off in one sitting. See, I told you it was family friendly 😉
Before you dash off to your local drive-thru, just grab a few ingredients when you shop this week and you'll have dinner on the table in a flash. The great part is that you'll be able to feed your family for a fraction of the price you'd pay for fast food!
We have a great sale on Hunt’s tomatoes and Ro-Tel tomatoes that makes this a great week to add this to your menu! All Hunt’s tomatoes and Ro-Tel tomatoes products are 50% at Publix! Look for this deal to start with the new ad that begins tomorrow (today for some.)
With the sale you can pick up the cans starting at just 25¢. You know what that means...it's time to stock up! Now the best deal will be for those whose sale starts on Wednesday as you'll have one day to use those Publix coupons. The sale alone means some incredible deals so be sure to pick up what you need!
Hunt’s or Rotel Tomatoes or Tomato Sauce or Paste, or Hunt’s Puree, Assorted Varieties, 6 to 33.5 oz, 50% Off (prices start at 33¢ after discount)
-B3G1 Hunt's®, Ro*Tel®, Manwich®, Rosarita® (max value $1)
-$1/5 Ro*tel Tomatoes (10 oz.) Publix Coupon Flavor Excursion In Store Tearpad (exp 10/7)
-$1/5 Hunt’s Tomatoes (14.5 oz.) Publix Coupon Flavor Excursion In Store Tearpad (exp 10/7)
Get the small cans of Hunt's Sauce as low as 25¢ after coupon (Ro-Tel just 40¢ after sale & coupons!)
Take advantage of the sale this week then give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, pasta and garlic salt; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and cook 12 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, heat bacon in microwave according to package directions. Chop bacon; set aside.
- Place spinach on top of pasta mixture. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until spinach wilts and pasta is tender.
- Add bacon; stir to combine.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Remember you can visit ReadySetEat.com for tons of easy & delicious recipes. Many can be made in 30 minutes or less and/or using 7 ingredients or less. Head over and try out their search feature that allows you to find dinner solutions by ingredient. Just type in the ingredient(s) that you have and instantly you'll see some recipe ideas pop up. It's a great way to help you put your fridge and pantry items to use!
This post is brought to you by the folks at ConAgra. All comments and opinions are my own.