This post is sponsored by Truvía®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Halloween is just a week away. If your house is like mine, you probably already have bags of sweets and candy coming out of your ears. Push them aside and whip up a batch of these Not-So-Scary Monster Cookies. Thanks to Truvía®, you get a delicious cookie that has with less sugar and calories than the full sugar version.
Life with less sugar is just as sweet! Truvía® is an easy substitution for sugar or honey in any of your recipes. Simply replace 1 cup of sugar with a 1/2 cup of Truvía® Baking Blend (or just a 1⁄2 tsp of Truvía® Nectar to replace one tsp of honey) to get the same sweetness as sugar or honey with at least 50% fewer calories per serving. That quick and easy substitution yields a lightened up version of your best recipes while maintaining the sweet taste you've come to love.
Your whole family will love these cookies. They are colorful, fun and great for folks with food sensitivities. The cookies are flourless and made with gluten-free ingredients. They taste amazing and are super simple to make. Grab the kids, a few ingredients and whip up a batch to celebrate the season.
Remember we have a Publix digital coupon that you can use to score a great deal on Truvía® at Publix. Take advantage of the savings and get ready to cut the sugar from all your favorite holiday recipes!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup Truvía® Baking Blend
- ½ cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2¼ cup gluten free oatmeal
- ¼ cup candy coated chocolate candies
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in microwave and add to large mixing bowl with the Truvía® Baking Blend and Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, and egg. Mix for 2-3 minutes to start dissolving the Truvía® sugar blends.
- Add salt, baking soda and oatmeal to the liquid ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
- Stir in the chocolate candies and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes until cookies set, then transfer to cooling rack.
Truvía® is the natural sweetener choice for people looking to reduce calories, including people with diabetes and those looking to reduce sugar in their diets. Learn more and find lots of other delicious recipes on the Truvia website or Truvia Facebook page.