Super Sunday is coming up quickly - do you have your party menu ready? If you need a dish that's easy and delicious - how about my Overloaded Stuffed Potato Bites?
These bite size morsels are so good and always quite popular when I serve them at my parties. I like potato skins but whenever I eat them I always find myself longing for the missing potato. So I decided that a stuffed potato was more my speed.
This is really a great party snack. It checks off all the major things on the my list when I consider dishes for my party menu-
- small/easy to eat
- no utensils needed
- tasty - appeals to a large group of people
- easy to prepare
These are always a hit with the guys because they are filled with lots of meat and cheese. I pack these full of Farmland Bacon and Farmland Homestyle Sausage. You know if you are throwing a football party the guys are going to expect some good hearty food...and these deliver.
Don't forget that we have a coupon in the Publix Game Day Favorites booklet that you can use to grab great savings. Heck, print two copies and you can also make the other recipe I shared not too long ago - Bacon Wrapped Armadillo Eggs. My husband wouldn't dare let me forget about those. They are a must have on game day!
- $0.75/1 Farmland Homestyle Bacon Sausage Patties, 12 oz Publix Coupon Game Day Favorites Booklet or Printable
- 5 lbs small round potatoes
- 12 oz Farmland Homestyle Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 slices Farmland bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated + additional for garnish
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 - 3 green onions, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 8 - 10 minutes until tender but not overcooked
- Cut each potato in half.
- Scoop out all but about ⅛ inch of the center of the potato flesh and place into a small bowl. Tip...I use a grapefruit spoon to dig out the flesh. You can also use a knife to crosshatch and then spoon out.
- To the reserved potato flesh, add the butter, cheese, sour cream cooked Farmland bacon, cooked Farmland sausage and salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional cheese and green onion - serve warm.
If you need more recipe inspiration. Here are a few other recipes to help you put that sausage coupon to use.
- Egg Muffins With Farmland Homestyle Sausage
- Breakfast Burritos With Farmland Homestyle Sausage
- Spinach & Sausage Egg Roulade With Farmland Homestyle Sausage
- Sausage & Cheese Grits Bites With Farmland Homestyle Sausage
This post is brought to you by the folks at Farmland Homestyle Sausage.