Holidays are awesome as they offer me a good excuse to gather my friends and family together to celebrate. Most everyone has a little time off of work so why not fill that free time with as much fun as possible?! At my house that means we'll fire up the grill and hang out beside the pool all weekend long.
My husband and I make a great team when it comes to the meals. I take care of the main prep and then he is the grill master. Of course since my husband is doing the cooking, I opt to have almost the entire meal prepared out on the grill. It keeps me out of the kitchen and my guests get amazing tasting food.
Your first stop has to be the meat counter at Publix. You'll find every cut of meat that you'll need for the perfect Memorial Day barbecue. If you aren't sure where to begin, just ask an associate and they can help you choose the right product and size you'll need for your get together.
Once you have your meat, you are also going to need a good olive oil. I choose Bertolli® Olive Oil for grilling and use in all my recipes. The Bertolli® 100% Pure Olive Oil is the perfect oil for grilling and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a must have for all my marinades, dips and other recipes.
That's right, there is an olive oil that's great for the grill. Extra virgin olive oil is the oil that we all love for the taste and health benefits but it has a low smoke point so you don't want to use it at high heats...like the grill for example. That's when Bertolli® 100% Pure Olive Oil is the go to oil. You get the same health benefit but it's great to use when you are grilling, frying or for any other high heat applications.
If you are looking for a great recipe to whip up for your Memorial Day bash, why not try my Easy Grilled Pork Tenderloin. This is one of my favorite recipes to make for a big group because it's so simple yet it's packed with flavor!
- ¼ cup Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- Bertolli® 100% Pure Olive Oil for the grill
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or zip top bag.
- Pour over the pork and allow to marinade for at least 4 hours (I typically marinade overnight).
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Take the meat from the marinade and pat with a paper towel to remove the excess marinade. Lightly brush the meat with Bertolli® 100% Pure Olive Oil. A thin coating will prevent the lean meat from sticking.
- Place the meat on the grill and cook the tenderloin for about 5 - 6 minutes per side until the pork reaches an internal temp of 150º F (typically about 15 - 20 minutes)
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes then slice and serve.
Stop by Publix and grab a few ingredients and you can have this one ready for your party guests.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Bertolli®. All comments and opinions are my own.