This post is brought to you by the folks at RAGÚ®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Thanksgiving is over and I am betting that I am not the only one who enjoyed all that tasty food—maybe a little too much! Thanksgiving is wonderful but it wears me out having to spend all day cooking up all that delicious food. Don't get me wrong, I do it with a smile as it's one of the few times of year that I get to see several folks in my family.
I bet since you just spent a ton of time cooking those big meals, you are looking for a delicious meal that won't have you in the kitchen all night. That's where this Hearty No-Boil Meatball Lasagna comes in. It's an amazing dish that is crazy simple to prepare.
With this recipe you don't have to boil the pasta and frozen meatballs offer an easy shortcut. A little bit of cheese and the great flavor of RAGÚ® Homestyle Sauce makes this a dish that you can put together quickly.
It's a great recipe if you have to serve a big group or if you are like me, you can enjoy it a couple of days! So a little bit of effort is a couple of meals at my house...win-win!
Now is the time to whip this up recipe thanks to the big coupon in the Winter Family Savings booklet. Grab your coupon and you'll save $1 on your next purchase of any of the RAGÚ® Homestyle Sauces.
- $1/1 RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce 23 oz Publix Coupon Winter Family Savings Booklet (valid 11/13 - 12/31)
- 9 RONZONI® Lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (23 ounces) RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce, divided 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (12 ounces) meatballs, thawed, halved 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tub (15 ounces) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fill a 3-qt. baking dish halfway with hot water. Add noodles, making sure they are submerged. Let stand 20 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 2–3 min. or until translucent, stirring frequently. Reserve 1⁄2 cup sauce; add remaining sauce to skillet. Stir in garlic, meatballs and water; cook 2–3 min. or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg and oregano in medium bowl. Drain noodles and arrange in single layer on 18×12-inch piece of foil. Wipe baking dish dry; spread reserved 1⁄2 cup sauce evenly on bottom. Top with 3 noodles, 1⁄2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, of the meatball mixture and of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles, meatball mixture and shredded cheese. Cover tightly with reserved foil.
- Bake 35 min. or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly.
Substitute whole milk cottage cheese for the ricotta cheese.
This lasagna can be assembled up to 1 day ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate. When ready to serve, bake 45 min.
Remember, each jar of RAGÚ® Homestyle offers bold flavors and a thick and hearty texture that hugs pasta. Each sauce is made with a combination of premium ingredients including vine-ripened tomatoes, diced onion, garlic and fragrant herbs to create a delicious sauce that is perfect on pasta or in any of your favorite recipes.
Look for all five delicious varieties at Publix -
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Mushroom
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Meat
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Four Cheese
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic
Every RAGÚ® red sauce, including the new RAGÚ® Homestyle Sauces, contain no artificial colors, no artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup.
Grab great savings when you shop at Publix and create a delicious meal that your whole family will love!