This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
Did you see the sale in the upcoming Publix ad? We have an awesome BOGO deal on Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage.
As a reminder, there's a Publix coupon that will be valid for a few days that means a fantastic price! You just can't beat getting a delicious package of smoked sausage for $1.25 per pack! I can think of at least 10 different recipes that I can whip up for well under $10 thanks to that sale/coupon combo!
Remember, Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage is made with premium cuts of meat and is perfectly seasoned. Plus it's pre-cooked, so I don’t have to spend as much time preparing it...that's very important on a hectic weeknight. Because it's pre-seasoned, I can make great-tasting meals with fewer ingredients and dinner comes together lickity split! I love the fact that it has a long expiration as well. I can stock up when we have sales like this and know that I have an easy meal just waiting to be whipped up!
As a reminder, that Success Rice® coupon will also be expiring on Friday too. You know how versatile rice is. The combination of rice and smoked sausage is awesome and there are tons of great recipes out there. One of the easiest and most delicious is a Quick Jambalaya. You can have this dish on the table in under 30 minutes and it's sure to be a hit! It's super budget friendly...especially with the upcoming sale and coupon combo!
Success Boil-in-Bag Rice, 14 oz, $2/$4
-$0.75/1 Success Boil-in-Bag Rice, 14 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Fall Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 9/10 to 9/30)
$1.25 with coupon.
Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage or Polska Kielbasa, Assorted Varieties, 12 to 14 oz, BOGO $3.99 -$4.19
-$0.75/1 Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, 12 to 14 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Fall Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 9/10 to 9/30)
$1.25 per pack after coupon!
- 1 package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- ½ lb. large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 6 cups hot cooked Success Rice®
- Cut sausage into ½" slices. Melt butter in a 5 to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft and sausage is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, pepper sauce, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Bring to a boil; add shrimp. Cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and opaque in center.
- Gently stir in hot rice and cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through.