This post is sponsored by Pinnacle Foods & Tyson Foods. All comments and opinions are my own
May is just around the corner and you know what that means ... Mother's Day is coming up! I look forward to a weekend filled with gifts and lots of special treatment from my guys.
My guys will prepare a special breakfast and take me out for dinner so that I get a full day off from cooking. They don't have a big repertoire of meals that they can prepare, so I'll often give them some suggestions so they can "surprise" me. This recipe for Pound Cake French Toast is absolutely amazing. Instead of the standard French Toast recipe, you slice up and use Sara Lee® Pound Cake. Then add a drizzle of deliciously thick and rich Mrs. Butterworth's® Syrup create a fantastic dish that is sure to be a big hit at your Mother's Day celebration!
Look for a great coupon to help you put this recipe together at a fantastic price! Look for a big coupon on display at Publix that will score you a FREE bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's® Syrup with your Sara Lee® Pound Cake purchase!
- Free Mrs. Butterworth's® Syrup with purchase of any ONE (1) Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake (max value up to $3.49 and 24 oz.) Tearpad
- 1 (16 oz.) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake, thawed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup heavy cream or 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Mrs. Butterworth’s® Original, Lite Or Sugar Free Syrup
- Slice Sara Lee® pound cake into twelve slices (about ½-inch thick.)
- Whisk eggs, cream, extracts and spices in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Dip each pound cake slice into egg mixture making sure to coat all sides, shaking off excess batter into bowl.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pound cake slices to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fresh fruit, if desired.
- Coat with Mrs. Butterworth’s® Syrup and serve!
Look for the coupon when you shop and be sure to pick up a delicious Sara Lee® Pound Cake. Sara Lee® products are frozen fresh and are perfect for a tasty treat whenever you feel the urge! You get to enjoy fresh-baked taste that feels like home and the best part is all you have to do is thaw and serve! Create a delicious dessert or print the Pound Cake French Toast recipe and offer it up to your family as hint for your Mother's Day breakfast.