My guys love pasta so I am always trying to come up with new recipes to keep things exciting. After all, no one likes eating the same things over and over.
When I was little, my mom would often make a meal of fish sticks, boxed mac & cheese and green peas. Ok...so it wasn't exactly a gourmet meal but it was likely very economical and we weren't rolling in the moolah. My boys won't touch the boxed mac and cheese and I have to admit, I haven't really craved it in a very long time either.
My recipe for Crispy Cod with Creamy Garlic Pasta is the kicked up version of that same recipe that I loved as a child. It's just as easy and is also very economical. Thanks to the new Mrs. Paul's Flavor Crusted Fillets, it comes together in a flash. I had dinner on the table in just 30 minutes and my guys devoured it!
This is a perfect time to try my recipe, remember we have that big BOGO sale on the Mrs. Paul's Flavor Crusted Fillets right now at Publix!
Mrs. Paul’s Fish Sticks or Fillets, Assorted Varieties, 10 to 24.6 oz (Excluding 18 ct, 10.1 oz Sticks and 6 ct, 11.4 oz Fillets), BOGO $5.99
You get a great price for a delicious dinner option that's so easy to prepare. Mrs. Paul's Flavor Crusted Fillets are made from 100% Real Fish Fillets that are lightly coated with flavorful combination of panko crust & blend of flavorful seasonings. You simply pop them in your oven and let them bake - that's it!
This is a recipe that both adults and kids will love. The taste is delicious and you'll love how easy dinner comes together. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
- 4 Mrs. Paul's Garlic Herb Cod Fillets
- 8 - 10 oz spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ heavy cream
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bake the 4 Mrs. Paul's Garlic Herb Cod Fillets according to package instructions.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- About 10 minutes before the fish is ready, prepare the cream sauce by melting the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic and cook over medium low for 2 minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and cream and cook over medium low heat until bubbly and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour in the peas and parmesan cheese and cook until the peas are heated through.
- Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the hot pasta and serve with the cooked fish fillets.
Be sure to take advantage of the sale and if you come up with your own tasty recipe, why not share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest using #gofishtonight.
This post is brought to you by the folks at Pinnacle Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.