Have you guys noticed that we are a bacon loving family? If I have a package of Farmland bacon on hand, I can turn it into a delicious meal. Whenever I can grab some savings, I am going to take advantage of it. So of course I have already printed my coupon from the Winter Family Savings site.
The Publix coupon offers us a nice discount. Look for the booklet in store or just head over and print your coupon. Once you have your Farmland Bacon, try my recipe for Bacon & Mushroom Pasta Florentine. It’s so simple to put together and is done in no time. You can have dinner on the table in just the time it takes to cook your pasta.
Farmland bacon is slow smoked over real hardwoods for maximum flavor. For decades, they’ve taken pride in perfecting their curing and smoking technique – a difference you’ll taste in every delicious bite. We love this bacon and I am always happy to add a pack to my fridge.
- 6 oz Farmland Bacon
- 8 oz linguine noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 9 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- Fry the Farmland Bacon until crisp
- Remove to a paper lined plate to drain, crumble when cool.
- Discard all but about 1 teaspoon of the bacon fat from the pan then add the mushrooms and cook until golden - about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Whisk together the milk, cream, chicken broth and flour until combined and add to the pan.
- Simmer the sauce and stir until the sauce thickens - 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the goat cheese and stir until it has melted.
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper and stir, allowing the spinach to wilt.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.
If you want a recipe that uses many of the same ingredients, try my Bacon, Spinach & Mushroom Quiche. I made both of these recipes at the same time to knock out two meals at once. One package of Farmland Bacon will be enough for both recipes. If you need more recipe ideas, I have lots of great meal options (I told you guys I like bacon–tee hee!)
- Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese & Apple Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Okra Poppers
- Turkey, Bacon & Cheddar Pull Apart Bread
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Hot Shrimp Dip With Bacon
- BBQ Bacon Chicken Bombs
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon, Mushrooms and Chicken
- Old Settlers’ Baked Beans
- Baked Loaded Potato Puffs
- Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple
This post is brought to you by the folks at Farmland bacon.