Welcome to this week’s Publix Super Meals. Each week I am going to share a recipe to help you take the Publix Super Deals and turn them into Publix Super Meals!
With the Italian Days sale I had to share my family’s absolute favorite Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce. The best thing about this one is that you throw everything in the crock pot and let it go all day. You end up with a phenomenal sauce that will feed a crowd. I typically cook it up then freeze half. Each half will be dinner for us plus a couple of days of lunch leftovers.
Besides being a perfect topping to basic spaghetti, it’s also wonderful for yummy baked pasta dishes. You can do a rocking baked ziti or lasagna with this sauce.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 19 oz Italian sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- cooked spaghetti
- Add the ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic to a pan and cook until the meat is browned. Break up and crumble the meat as you stir.
- Drain the excess fat and remove to your slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except pasta).
- Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles.
- Top with parmesan if desired.
There are so many items included in the Publix sale this week. You can put this one on the table at a fantastic price!
- Hunt’s 100% Natural Tomatoes, Assorted Varieties, 28 or 29 oz, BOGO $1.99
- Mueller’s Pasta or Hidden Veggie, or Ronco, Assorted Varieties, 12 to 16 oz (Excluding Lasagna, Jumbo Shells, Manicotti, Gluten Free and Noodles), BOGO $1.69
- Hunt’s 100% Natural Tomato Sauce, Assorted Varieties, 8 oz, 5/$2
Tools used in this recipe:
Don’t forget, Publix carries a huge variety of Good Cook products. You can find a large selection of tools and cookware throughout the store. You can find everything you need when you shop for your ingredients.